Reason
Other
Country
HM
Hi Y'all!

If you haven't seen the article yet here it is:

"Do some rearranging"
Freddie Everett

A singer and songwriter who could play the guitar like Jimmy Hendrix, Freddie Everett of Houston, opened for such big names as Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar and Alice Cooper, and recorded with Stevie Ray Vaughns’ band, Double Trouble.

Everett, 48, had been playing the guitar for 25 years when ALS forced him to stop in 2004 because he couldn’t get his fingers to “work right.”

“It felt like I had died,” Everett says of no longer playing. “Nothing can take the place of playing my ‘axes,’ but having something that can help you express yourself and make others feel good is still worth trying to achieve — you just may have to do some rearranging.”

Everett stopped singing in 2006.

After conferring with friends and other musicians, he and his wife, Annette, came up with alternative ways to express the music in his soul. Recently, he began composing music and lyrics in his head and having Annette write them down.

“I prefer to actually play my instrument, but I need to get the music out of my head somehow,” he says.

Annette- hope you all are doing well and that Freddie is still composing!

Be strong!

Great article, Annette. I bet Freddy loves working on his new projects with you at his side. BTW, thanks for sharing, CJ!

Annette, is that fundraiser for Freddie still happening? We'd like to know more about it! Hope to see you there!

Irma

Glad to hear Freddy is still doing something with his music. God bless him.

Thanks for the update I just went to Freddie's web site .Oh my God that man really has talent .My husband loves his kind of music & loves to play the blues on his guitar also. I pray that Freddie & Annette can keep making music if it's in his head then I think it will work with her help. God Bless them both during this journey .
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back