Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
DC
City
Washington
First off, I just wanted to echo what others have said about this community. Having a place to have these difficult conversations is inspirational.

A bit of background, I am a 30/M. I do have high blood pressure, but other than that I do not have any underlying health conditions.

My symptoms started out roughly six weeks ago with muscle cramping/twitching in my legs and arms. They lasted a few weeks but have for the most part subsided. I then thought all was good with no cause for concern.

Flash forward a few weeks and various symptoms have emerged. First, I've had fatigue like I have never had before. I have had arm/wrist/hand weakness and soreness. My entire right side just feels weak/sore in a way that I have never experienced before. I don't have the energy to lift anything up.

For those that can chime in, are these early symptoms of ALS? Would symptoms come on this suddenly? I am extremely worried right now (to the point I can't focus on anything) and could use any/all advise.

Thank you in advance for any help this community can provide.

This doesn't sound like ALS at all, or anything like it. I would contact your primary care doc as you could have a virus, bacterial infection, or other systemic illness.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie - thank you for the quick response. I truly appreciate the time you take to respond to as many posts as you do.

As just a quick follow-up, does numbness present itself as an early symptom of ALS? Is it typical for symptoms to come on this quickly (i.e. over a few weeks)? Is it normal for symptoms to be present on both sides of the body at onset?

I apologize I am just freaking out over here as Dr. Google indicates that numerous symptoms I have could indicate ALS. I haven't been able to focus on anything.

Thank you again.

No, no and no.
Stay off Google and seek a medical evaluation, for the sake of your own health.

(thread closed- op is multi id)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back