Diagnosis
10/2005
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
Well, my situation is a tad different than some people in this forum. I am home bound due to total disability from Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia or HSP. It is a serious deteriorating motor neuron disease that has no treatment or cure and only continues to get worse in degeneration of the neurons. You might be surprised to learn that only 20K people in the US have been diagnosed with this disease. I draw Social Security from Uncle Sam, if that's not scary in itself?

In June of 2000 I was formally diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. All of this while actually training for a full marathon in Hawaii. I was very physically and mentally fit. In October of 2004 they rescinded my PPMS diagnosis as my MRIs were not matching my rapid disability progression and deterioration. ALS had been ruled out completely. After a full year of university visits, second opinions, and multiple neuro and muscular testing, I was diagnosed with HSP.

If all of that, as if this isn't enough for most people, I've had a serious recent development that occurred December 11, 2008. To simplify my explanation I've included two links to YouTube videos that I made which will give you a good idea of my current situation. Please bear with me as I hope this works.

#1: 1/1/09 - YouTube- New Year's Greeting from Craig Mattice

#2: 1/15/09 - YouTube- Stroke Update for my friends

I look forward to being of value to the members, sharing experiences, opinions, and learned knowledge with all. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, post any comments, opinions, or observations.

In sincere Gratitude,

Craig,

Welcom to the forum! It was awesome seeing you stand from your wheelchair! Here is hoping you get your walking shoes back very soon!

Zaphoon

Hi Craig....So happy you could make it to the forum! :-D

Everyone, Craig is my good friend from another forum...from waaay back! Please give him a big welcome! He has such a great sense of humor! You will really love him! :-D

Hi Craig and welcome! I loved seeing your videos and the progress you have made in such a short time. Your attitude is contagious--keep it up.:smile: And keep your good cheer coming.

Welcome to the forum, Craig. Congrats on being upgraded from in-patient to out-patient. And I am really impressed with your videos. Glad you decided to join us! Regards, Cindy

welcome craig! love the videos. stay happy and healthy!

god bless.

Hi Craig,, WELCOME :) I enjoyed your videos, and as someone else has already remarked, your positive attitude is contagious. I loved the comments about Atari versus XBox 360.

I look forward to seeing you here some more. take care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back