Forum issues after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Regina but I can’t find this field when scrolling all the way down on my phone. I ll try it on the computer tomorrow

Do you see html code and a quote when you use your phone? I see it hitting the reply button on your last post. I delete the html code and quote ... I am using my laptop.

I am using it right now and I don't think it will include a quote. Maybe this helps
But there is this awesome feature for good quoting - If you highlight just a sentence or small bit of text in a post, you will get an option "reply". When you select that, just the bit you highlighted goes in as a quote which makes it so easy to reference something specifically. Love it!

What I also like is that the quote begins with a link that if you click takes you directly to the post in the thread that is being quoted from so the person reading can get the entire context if they want.

David, with the old format a sub-forum had the number of “Viewing”.

I always thought that was a good indicator of what may be trending…
if that’s the right word. Some who wanted to change the DIHALS
sub-forum may not have been too happy when I would point out the
“Viewing” numbers on the DIHALS sub-forum often, many times,
sometimes out numbered the “General Discussion” and other sub-forums
two to one and as much as three to one at times… with the DIHALS
sub-forum as it was.

I write this in jest, “Everybody reads the DIHALS sub-forum”.

Members will post they don’t read the DIHALS sub-forum… followed
with a sentence or two commenting on it. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that if you abort a reply before clicking 'Post reply' that the text remains in the reply box even if you refresh the page or delete the text?

Yes! It's an autosave feature and will prevent losing your post by accident- which sometimes happened on the old forum. There should be a little computer disc symbol at the top right of your reply box- if you hover your cursor over it, it will provide you the option of saving or discarding what you've typed.

test

Can't find the disc you mentioned or I don't have one.

I don't think it will include a quote.
If you want to quote just a little, as I just did, press on a word over the section you want to quote and then highlight it. A little prompt comes up saying “reply”. If you click on that prompt, then only the section you highlighted will be quoted, not the whole post 😅. Try it!

Does your reply box look like the below? The red arrow is pointing to what I'm referring to.

Thanks, Fiona. Nice feature.

I took "computer disc" literally... I was looking for a CD.

When I put my cursor on it - it said "drafts" so I didn't hit the down arrow.
Said to myself, "I haven't made any drafts..."

Whatever... "Thanks".

PS. In a way it looks like an old floppy disc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back