Forum issues after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why my mailbox is, today, limited to 500. I wonder why?

I did a lot of usergroup merging and deleting extraneous usergroups on the old database/forum prior to importing. Most everyone had a limit of 500 private messages so you must have somehow fallen into a special increased usergroup. That would explain a sudden reduction.

Apologies, but with 38,500+ user accounts it was impossible not to have a few small issues. Just unfortunate you fell into one of the special cases.

The issue we discussed about a week ago has apparently resolved itself. This morning I was able to access the site using my home wifi/router. No changes were made on my end.
Grounded -

Well that's good. Interesting, we just switched our DNS to CloudFlare and away from GoDaddy. We're still hosted with GoDaddy, but all initial network traffic goes through CloudFlare first. Perhaps that's what resolved it. I sort of hope so because it means nobody else will have that same issue.

Thanks for taking the time to respond back to me about it.

David, I am unable to open attachments such as the glossary of acronyms and abbreviations or the attachment Wilson submitted in the recent thread on Advanced Directives in the general forum.
I use a iPad. Is it my device?

I don’t think it is just an ipad because I can. I sudpect you don’t have an app to open pdfs. When I opened acronyms under the big pdf which wouldn’t open it saidin little letters open in tiny pdf which is an app I use

Thanks Nikki. I just downloaded the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on my iPad. However when I click on the attachments in this forum, they still don’t open. I’m sure I’m missing something very basic here. Thanks for any help you (or anyone) can give me.

Does adobe reader show in the page you get when you try to open the attachment? In little letters?

Are you trying Wilson’s file. I am having issues with that but the other works fine

Does adobe reader show in the page you get when you try to open the attachment? In little letters?

No. If I click on the attachment for “Glossary of Acronyms and Abbreviations”, I just get a blank screen.

I’m curious to know if anyone else here has this problem.

I just downloaded the pdf file titled "General ALS Terms & Acronyms" and could open it on my mac. On my phone I could not open it but I also don't have a pdf reader installed.

Just a quick note:
I found a way how to quickly get to the latest message in a thread: rather than clicking on the name/title of the tread (in "new Posts" or "What's New?"I need to go further to the right and click on the date of the last post. That works for me. :) - and then the site remembers where I last read... slowly catching up to some of the features of the new site.
It's obvious ... once I figured it out.

yeah I found that as I got through all the unread stuff, the site kind of 'settled in' to where I'm at here and when I open a thread I've been reading, like this one, it jumps automatically to the latest new message. It also has the little 'new' badge on each message I hadn't seen. That helps. I do miss not being able to have 50 messages per page however as this thread already shows 5 pages, so flicking back to find something said before is more laborious. Still really love the new format, we can't have everything :)

yeah I found that as I got through all the unread stuff, the site kind of 'settled in' to where I'm at here and when I open a thread I've been reading, like this one, it jumps automatically to the latest new message. It also has the little 'new' badge on each message I hadn't seen. That helps. I do miss not being able to have 50 messages per page however as this thread already shows 5 pages, so flicking back to find something said before is more laborious. Still really love the new format, we can't have everything :)
Hello as you can see I don’t manage to reply without quoting which I know is a problem for those who eyegaze. Can anyone tell me what I get wrong?
Thanks to all

The difference might be that if you click on "reply" at the bottom of someone else's post you will include their post. If you scroll down a bit further there is a field for a next post - I am using it right now and I don't think it will include a quote. Maybe this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back