Forum issues after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the update- I had difficulty logging on but after a few days and using a different browser the sign on issue was resolved. However, I never did a search until I read the above posts and it appears I have the same issue.... most of the posts are dated 2010-2012.
Sassy

After the update- I had difficulty logging on but after a few days and using a different browser the sign on issue was resolved. However, I never did a search until I read the above posts and it appears I have the same issue.... most of the posts are dated 2010-2012.
Sassy

If you continue with any login issues follow these instructions: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44226

Just wanted to provide an update of the issue I have getting to alsforums using my Comcast home wifi since the recent site upgrade. See page 3 of this discussion.

I just spent some time on the phone working with Comcast advanced support. The problem is with the router side of my Netgear C3700 modem/router combo. I hardwire connected to it & bypassed the router. Using the modem part hardwired to the computer, I could connect fine. Everything we tried didn't help with the router, including several factory resets. There are discussions on the web noting that the C3700 can have this issue for some websites. The solution is to get a new router. Fortunately, I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot to get to this forum.

ps - Thanks to David for trying to resolve this. But it turned out to be a hardware issue.

Thanks for the update. Glad you finally figured it out and shared so we inow!

ps - Thanks to David for trying to resolve this. But it turned out to be a hardware issue.

Appreciate the update.

Wish I knew why and for what reason some websites are blocked. Perhaps it's a mystery.

Re: Forum threads not loading.

So glad to be back !
I think i made the problem worse by trying eroneous passwords. Now I can read the news about everybody !
have a nice day all.

New Problem (for me).

The AlSForums system says I can't send any more messages because my box is full. Indeed, I see today I'm only allowed 500 messages total. Of course, there are 1500 messages already saved up!

So I tried deleting a whole bunch of people, but it's going rrreeeaaalllyyy slow entering a name or a piece of a name into the search mail box.

I tried using a wildcard, but no joy.

I found that displaying mails from user=6 that I get users TOM666, DICK654, and HARRY6 (pretend examples). That helps, but not fast enough.

Is there a way to select which members to delete from mail, as a batch?

I don’t think so. I am surprised at the 500 limit which must be new. You know you can delete oldest by page 25 at a time but that isn’t what you want to do.

Does deleting from your sent folder help?

Thx Nikki, I saved all mail to a local spreadsheet and saved a stack of usernames of people I would like to continue enjoy chatting with. So, I COULD delete a LOT of mails in maybe 10 - 30 minutes.

BUT I would think that the database would allow using a wildcard OR A LIST, to easily find the messages from "John AND Paul AND George AND Ringo"

I don't know why my mailbox is, today, limited to 500. I wonder why?

that limitation has always been in place - maybe as mods you had a higher limitation ... but I've had a 500 message limit ever since joining

Yes, you can find the messages by user but you have to be in Inbox. Then you can sort on Title, Sender or Date (the default) to sort that way.

For sent messages, sorting by title may still be revealing.

Testing to see if photos downloaded from my iOS device will appear upright and if I can download a full-size photo.
5141B26C-FF20-4292-9100-2857C279692B.jpeg

Cool. It worked. 😄

Looks like standard emojis also work?
🤡😃🎉🎼

That is one big, beautiful, sideways tree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back