Forum issues after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Forum threads not loading.

I pinged as you requested. 192.169.205.255 appeared for both commands, & then timed out.

I messaged you my computer IP.

The common failure occurs with my iPAD, phone, a laptop & a second PC - all when trying to connect thru my home wifi router. I did a router factory reset & checked that it had no sites blocked. The reset didn't help. It seems your site doesn't like my router.

May be a coincidence, but the problem occurred since your upgrade.

There is a member with Comcast in Florida with the same issue.

After the update, I was not able to access the site for a few days using Chrome so I switched to Bing . Now I can access it through Chrome again.
Sassy

There is a member with Comcast in Florida with the same issue.

I fear Comcast has our IP blocked since we switched web servers. I did some reading and apparently they've been known to block GoDaddy hosting locations. Comcast also has a feature called "Safe Browsing", which, if enabled, can block our domain also.

There's not much we can do if the entire domain/IP is blocked.

If it's simply a "login issue" I think the instructions here resolve it: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44226

Thank you David and everyone else who has helped keep this site running smoothly. I appreciate all you are doing as the forum is such a blessing to me as a CALS.

I also wanted to let you know that it seems searches are not pulling current matches. When I search very common words, the most current results are dated 2011. Or is it just me?

Thanks again everyone!

A quick try of searches using both regular and advanced search didn’t have that happen for me. odd. Can you tell me a word it happened with

When people say "forum threads not loading" does that mean that at the end of the day they do not get the updates in their email from the past day w. all the new posts?

That's what is happening here - I don't get any more emails from this forum when someone posted to a post that I am 'subscribed' to as I had posted something in that same chain earlier.

We also have comcast/xfinity.

However, I don't get them on my phone either and I have a different provider for my phone. Though most of the time I am using my phone on the home wifi.

If I am not making any sense it's OK. I am not even sure if this is the same issue. And not getting the emails at the end of the day is not such a big deal.

The forum threads not loading was a short term issue. Other problems got added to the list and no that wasn’t it. You would have been unable to read the posts on this or any thread when that issue happened. I am going to edit the title as the topic got changed

Re notifications I suggest you look at all your user cp categories. Something likely got changed in the update - reverted to a default position.also check you didn’t get unsubscribed to the threads.

Thanks Nikki.
I looked in the control panel > Settings and Options >Edit Options - and everything looks as if I should get a daily update

I did not update anything. It seems the settings were not reset but I can certainly undo the current settings and then choose them again. Maybe that will send me updates. I will try this.

If not, it's really not a big deal. I can go to "Today's Posts".

Nikki,
I searched "saliva" and "morphine" and in both cases, the most current match was from 2011. I logged out and back in and tried it again. I received the same results.

That is so strange! No matter how I search I get current threads.

Nikki,
This morning I deleted all browsing history, logged back in and I got the same results in the search...most current thread is 2011 or 2012. Hmmm...let me know if you think of anything else I can try on my end.
Thanks!

Sent your post as a repirt to David this am Katy. Will let you know

David also couldn’t replicate it. could you see if it happens if you search a subforum You can do this by going to the soubforum page as if you weregoing to post and looking alomg the blue bit that is below the main one where you usually search

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back