Forum issues after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Forum threads not loading.

Just made an update to the software; there might have been some temporary issues for 5-10 minutes. Hopefully this is resolved now.

But we'll only know that if we can actually get a thread to load. It took me 5 tries to get here!

If I select "New Posts", I can't access any unread thread from there. However, if I go to any subforum, I can access the threads and posts from there for some reason.

Thanks Fiona try agsin seems to work now

How about now, all good?

But we'll only know that if we can actually get a thread to load. It took me 5 tries to get here!

If I select "New Posts", I can't access any unread thread from there. However, if I go to any subforum, I can access the threads and posts from there for some reason.

Yes- all good now. I can access new posts no problem. Thanks so much, David.

I think there's login problems now; something wrong with this server and may have to move things to a more stable server.

Don't log out or you may not be able to log back in :)

Trying one last rebuild on the current server before abandoning this one ... if a move is needed, which looks like, the site will be offline for 1-2 hours during the transition, at which point I'll put a notice up on this server letting people know.

A server is already setup and waiting in preparation for the next move, which is to port things over to Xenforo software.

Hi all today I found out I was logged out though I am pretty sure I hadn’t. I had difficulty logging back in. First I thought it was my clumsiness but now wonder if there might be some technical problem.
Hope no one else has problems
Have a good day

I was logged out too and thought that maybe we got moved to another server and that's why I needed to log in again.
Glad all seems to be working today. Thanks for all the work in the background to keep us online!!

During the update none of us could log in and we did have to log in after. I don’t know why it persisted for you MarieLaure. I could log on by about noon your time. Is it ok today?

Hi all today I found out I was logged out though I am pretty sure I hadn’t. I had difficulty logging back in. First I thought it was my clumsiness but now wonder if there might be some technical problem.
Hope no one else has problems
Have a good day

For sure after the server move everyone would have to login again, and would have been logged out by default.

If anyone has any issues moving forward from today, I'd like to know.

Thanks for the feedback.

When I log in I click on New Posts to read what's been posted since my last visit. Previously after reading one of the new posts, and hitting the back button to read the next post, the post I had just read would change to light blue indicating that it was read. Now all the posts stay the darker blue indicating its still unread.

Makes it slightly more difficult to track what I've read and what I haven't without refreshing the page.

Annoying A work around would be hitting new posts again instead of the back button. The post you just read should disappear.

That works as well as refreshing the page. Just wanted to point out a difference I noticed that involves more clicks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back