Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Re: Forum threads not loading.

Just made an update to the software; there might have been some temporary issues for 5-10 minutes. Hopefully this is resolved now.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC

But we'll only know that if we can actually get a thread to load. It took me 5 tries to get here!

If I select "New Posts", I can't access any unread thread from there. However, if I go to any subforum, I can access the threads and posts from there for some reason.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA

Thanks Fiona try agsin seems to work now

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON

How about now, all good?

But we'll only know that if we can actually get a thread to load. It took me 5 tries to get here!

If I select "New Posts", I can't access any unread thread from there. However, if I go to any subforum, I can access the threads and posts from there for some reason.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC

Yes- all good now. I can access new posts no problem. Thanks so much, David.

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON

I think there's login problems now; something wrong with this server and may have to move things to a more stable server.

Don't log out or you may not be able to log back in :)

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON

Trying one last rebuild on the current server before abandoning this one ... if a move is needed, which looks like, the site will be offline for 1-2 hours during the transition, at which point I'll put a notice up on this server letting people know.

A server is already setup and waiting in preparation for the next move, which is to port things over to Xenforo software.

MarieLaure

Forum Supporter
Distinguished member
Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
FR
State
Ile de France

Hi all today I found out I was logged out though I am pretty sure I hadn’t. I had difficulty logging back in. First I thought it was my clumsiness but now wonder if there might be some technical problem.
Hope no one else has problems
Have a good day

ReginaS

Forum Supporter
Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
US
State
LL

I was logged out too and thought that maybe we got moved to another server and that's why I needed to log in again.
Glad all seems to be working today. Thanks for all the work in the background to keep us online!!

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA

During the update none of us could log in and we did have to log in after. I don’t know why it persisted for you MarieLaure. I could log on by about noon your time. Is it ok today?

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON

Hi all today I found out I was logged out though I am pretty sure I hadn’t. I had difficulty logging back in. First I thought it was my clumsiness but now wonder if there might be some technical problem.
Hope no one else has problems
Have a good day
For sure after the server move everyone would have to login again, and would have been logged out by default.

If anyone has any issues moving forward from today, I'd like to know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clamdigger

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
MD

When I log in I click on New Posts to read what's been posted since my last visit. Previously after reading one of the new posts, and hitting the back button to read the next post, the post I had just read would change to light blue indicating that it was read. Now all the posts stay the darker blue indicating its still unread.

Makes it slightly more difficult to track what I've read and what I haven't without refreshing the page.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA

Annoying A work around would be hitting new posts again instead of the back button. The post you just read should disappear.

Clamdigger

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
MD

That works as well as refreshing the page. Just wanted to point out a difference I noticed that involves more clicks. :)