Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your love and support. I thank God that I found this Forum when I was Dx with ALS.
I believe God has a special blessing for all on this Forum who reach out to help one another when they are facing such hard problems in their own lives.
To God be the Glory great things He has done.
Thank you again.

Al,

You are a dear, dear man. Your posts always bring me comfort and peace. My mother is beginning hospice tomorrow and I pray that you both feel the comfort and peace that only God can provide. I will be praying for you, and look so forward to meeting you one day on the eternal earth.
Praise You.

Love,
Holly

Bladder Spasms?

Hospice has been helpful. Nice to have help getting a bath in the shower and nurse checking up on me from time to time.
Only major problems so far have been the Foley Cather clogging and having to back flush the thing. Now I have bladder infection too. Guess that is all part of the constant Cather. Has anyone experienced spasms as a result of the Cather? I have bladder spasms that are very painful.
All the workers have been very kind and supportive, but seem to lack extensive knowledge with dealing with ALS patients. I'm having to teach as I go along with this, so maybe it will help someone else later on.

Al, I'm sure that you're a great teacher, keep up the fight and keep coming here, we need you!

Barry

Capt. Al,
Thank you for not being conformed to this world. You and your family are such an inspiration. We're keeping the faith for you.

Thought I was a goner this past week

I just spent almost a week confined to bed due to severe bladder and lung infection. I am on a permanent Cather now and continuing on Hospice. I was coughing so hard I was blacking out. They put me on oxygen and antibiotics. I still have a little lung congestion but I am doing much better. This is my first day able to get back on the forum and get caught up.
I sure missed the support from the many wonderful people on here. Thank you for your prayers.
At one point in the middle of this attack I began to vomit and had trouble clearing my throat since I cannot move my body sideways in the bed. I know a couple of times, due to fluid in the lungs, I felt I was very near to giving up and going home to be with Jesus. I was praying very seriously for relief or for God to take me home. I would have been happy either way at the time, I just wanted some relief. (Have you ever felt that way?)
I guess God is not through with me yet, for I survived to fight another day. One day at a time by FAITH. I feel like I had a glimpse of what the end will be like. It really is not something I am afraid of, but something I embrace. The final end of all suffering and pain. Peace at last. Forever.

You just cut out the nonsense and stick around for those of us that need you.

AL.

I am so glad you are okay! I was quite worried about you! I am thankful you are still here and starting to do better, we are not finished with you yet - and obviously God isn't either. Welcome back!

Mt Pocket

I have a month or so before I get there to meet you, I know you best be sticking around. You are a very strong man and have and will continue to fight the good fight. I am so blessed to call you a friend. I am sorry it has been so hard on you. We all must press in a little harder on those prayers.

Renee

Hey Al...been thinking of you often since you have not been on the forum for a few days - as have many of us I am sure!
You are a brave and courageous man!
We are all on your side and pulling for you to be here for a long time yet!
You and I will never meet face to face till Eternity but you have helped me more than you will ever know and I am so grateful for your input on this forum.!
Get better, save your strength and we look forward to hearing from you soon
Blessings!
Rick

Oh Al! I am so glad you are OK. I am with the others.........you are so inspirational, supportive and helpful. I too, want you to stick around as long as possible. Please continue to fight and remember that you are in my prayers.

capt al

i am so upset to read how ill you have been recently,hope you are feeling more comfortable now.
i had a catheter after my hystorectomy 10yrs ago,i ended up with a bladder/kidney infection that was more agony than the major opp.
catheters are terrible for causing infections,could you manage without it anyway?
as everyone has said we still need your wonderfull,comforting,positive outlook and advice.
having said that i know its hard to keep smiling when you are breaking up inside,it would not be normal otherwise(though you keep saying your abbynormal:lol:.)
please lean on us when you feel like this.
you are in my thoughts and prayers:-D
(((hugs)))

ps.. i called lorie a few weeks ago,tim is still the same but lorie has not been too well with her ears and sinuses.

God Is Good, Faithful, and Merciful

Thanks everyone for your prayers, support, and kind words. I know each and every one of you have faced hard times and difficult decisions in the past and will again in the future.
Without hope in our Father in Heaven I do not know how we could possibly make it through what we face. I do not know nor do any of us really know how much time we have left on earth; but I know many who have sent me private messages saying they are mad at God, don't trust God, etc. I appeal to those who are in the doubting, wondering group, to please just talk to Jesus. Prayer is just telling God how we feel, honestly, openly. He does not get mad at us just like you would not get mad at your child if they honestly asked you why about something. Make it a conversation as you would with your spouse or child. God is our Father. The best most loving, kind, merciful Father that we could possibly think of at any time. Yes, He lets bad things happen to good people sometimes, but we do not see the big picture. God has a plan for all that has come into your life. You are no accident. The very hairs of your head are numbered, for some of us that may not be many. That is just one example of the love, concern, care, and watchfulness, God has for you and your family. One day in heaven we may see the whole picture and understand the whys.

The very most important thing I can do for anyone in this life is help , them somehow to trust God again, believe again, open up a conversation with God.

There have been times in my past when I screamed out to God WHY? WHY ME? WHY NOW? Yes, I have had my times of doubts and unbelief, we all have, we are human, but God does not give up on any of us at any time. We may give up on Him and turn our backs on Him, but He is there waiting for you, maybe for years, to just speak your heart to Him at any moment.
Please, there is someone reading this that knows God is tugging at you right now, to give up the anger, doubt, unbelief, and just find time to talk to the Father as if He is truly your loving, forgiving, merciful, Father. For He Is.
God Loves You.

God is faithful to meet you where ever you are and with whatever faith you have. He NEVER gives up on YOU. Neither do I. If you are interested you can read more info in my Blog or also go to my webpage at : www.myspace.com/als_bigal

Please feel free to pm me or ask any questions. I remain your humble servant in Jesus Christ. To God be all glory, honor, and praise.
SmallJesusAngel.jpg

Last edited:
Capt. Al~ I still remember one late night, dark in many ways. I was scared sick over what was happening to my husband and in my home. The fear was absolutely crippling me. I found this website and searched for understanding. Yours was the entry I came to. You spoke of love, peace, and hope. Many, many times I've reminded myself of that when I begin to feel desparation again.

God is definately using you and I am so thankful for that. You have helped countless people forge on. God bless you and yours.

Capt. Al. -- sounds like you're not needed anywhere else just yet :)
I wish you peace and contentment, thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back