forum behaving very strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say it?

I've just been in and out of over a dozen threads and everything worked properly!!!!

Did not need to refresh once, although I was doing it for at least the first 6 or so as I was so used to having to!

Mine is still wonky. I had to reload twice to read your post, Tillie.

yeah I shouldn't have said it, because it's still acting up here too.

It fooled me by being nice for 10 minutes ... sigh

Sometimes now I've had to reload a couple of times.

And definitely I see suspect links appearing in posts which then flick away on reload.

I sign in but it still tells me to sign in again and denies me forum access.

I sign in but it still tells me to sign in again and denies me forum access.

Hey Music..... good to hear sumpin from you. I have been wondering where you and several others that used to be active members of the forum have been. Hope you are hangin in there.

Since I now type with one finger I don't contribute as much as before, I guess. My brother installed a dragon program in my computer but I haven't learned it yet.

I am going to request that we disable NGINX which was enabled by the host to reduce CPU load.

I also think the "Google Custom Search" is causing problems with the page reloads, but perhaps we can deal with this "post vanishing" issue first and see if it happens to resolve the reload issue. If not, we'll have to sort out another way to use the Google Search (which some members have said is very helpful).

I've made the request to disable caching; apparently it was enabled and would only be used when the site was busy, so perhaps things worked fine sometimes, and at other times, it didn't (latest posts not showing, different times being shown).

If disabling this feature by the host makes the website slow down I'll request we move to a beefier server to compensate.

They're usually rather slow to reply so this change may take 12-24 hours.

NGIX is now disabled; let's see how much of a difference it makes.

Please post your experiences from this point in time forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back