Not open for further replies.

ltr

Country
US
State
NY
City
Elmira
For those of you who are suffering an illness, are undiagnosed and not sure if you have atrophy or any kind of changes....I looked through hundreds of pictures today, to make a collage for my daughter's 16th birthday, and what I found made me feel much better. I fell upon pictures of myself with close-ups of my hands and legs. Up to 7 years ago I can see that my legs haven't changed in appearance at all (other than some spider veins!). According to these pictures, my hands have always looked bony, though I do have some interosseous atrophy now. I even had the dents that have been scaring me in my arms...7 years ago!

This made me feel much better about my disease process (polymyositis) and I now see that even though my legs are weak, I am not suffering atrophy.

Even though it is a tedious process, give it a try. It could brighten your day. Go way back to the past.

I actually had to make a little art project for my daughter's preschool documenting her life so far so we dug out lots of photos. Sadly for me, it did just the reverse and confirmed that my left arm and hand have changed significantly. I have tried the "maybe it was always different" routine but I know how it looks and feels - and it is definitely different to how it used to be. But maybe this will help some people.

Sorry mama....I was hoping for a positive outcome. But, it can still help if you show these to your docs. At least they can see the change then too.

Dont be sorry Leslie. I know you meant well. Ok, I got to get off this forum.

I'm the same as mama, it's they nasiobiofold on my face, it's clearly smaller on one side.

Oh well, i'm sticking with the docs right now, it's not ALS until they tell me otherwise..

good weekend to all

rgds,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back