Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Barnegat
Hello old friends.......I hope all are well.

This thread is to help those who have lost a loved one, I have found that by helping another person (caretaker family member) with ALS and sharing my experience has help me allot. I lost my husband Ben Dec 6, 2006 to ALS over the last month I have become friends with a couple the next town over from me and he has ALS great guy true fighter and his wife who is just a doll. I have given him all of my husbands equipment and have spent some quality time with his wife. Its rewarding to help another family dealing with this, they are like my family. I recommend to all of you that have lost a loved one to do the same help another family who is dealing with ALS because I fell that Ben has not died in vein and all I went through and the things I have "figured out along the way" can help another person with ALS or there caregiver. Dont hold all your experiences and knowledge to yourself ......... Share them with another family its worth your time and effort. Remember we are all in this together and if we continue to help one another life will be easier for the loved one with ALS.

Thanks for your time and please please start helping someone else with your knowledge, time and caring. I lost a husband but now I have 2 new family members.

Donna

You are right, Donna. Sometimes the best way to deal with grief and loss is to reach out to others. Cindy

For Donna and our Pals

Hi there, Donna is the Angel I spoke of back a few weeks ago. She was sent to make life a little better for my daughter and son-in-law. She is a welcome member of our family. I met Donna on this Forum and felt like I knew her for a lifetime. My "Kids" feel the same. Reach out to one another, we all need each other. Tomorrow we are doing the Walk for ALS in Seaside, N.J. weather permitting. Pray for good weather! Fondly, Beebe

I think this is a great idea. Though I have not yet met someone with ALS in my town (I live on a fairly small island in the Puget Sound)), maybe I can put a notice in the paper asking if someone would appreciate help. My son and I recently spent the afternoon at the home of an elderly neighbor helping her plant flowers that she could see from the window. It was a healing experience for both of us, since we can no longer do these things with my dad.

For hboyagian

Hi there, It's things like what you did that make you feel good. Even if it seems like it's so little it is appreciated and as I always say "I have a purpose". The Walk today went well the sun was shining! There were 78 Teams and the total was $150 ,000 dollars . It was a very good day. My Best to all, Beebe

Wow, Beebe! Great job! You guys should feel proud of yourselves! Cindy

Great stuff Beebe.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back