US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey guys

Got a question.

I know, you're shocked, right.

I've been trying to ignore this problem as bad contacts, getting older, needing new glasses, blood pressure...well, you get the idea.

I'm having increasing bouts of double vision and severe blurry vision. So,etimes they last a few hours, the longest double vision lasted 24 hours.

It's starting to really affect my ability to edit, as keeping ome eye patched so I can read and edit is straining my eyes and increasing my eye strain and migraines.

I had a brain MEI a little over a year ago, so am pretty sure it's not a tumor or anything like that. I've checked my BP when it happens, but there doesn't seem to be any correlation I can find.

I am at a loss. I didn't mention it when ai saw the doc earlier this month, because there is just no way I would have been able to stay out of the hospital that day, as it was really bad that day, which was one of the only times it hit with the high BP.

there is no change in my color vision, and my blood sugar isn't high, I considered that, too, and changed my contacts, even tried no contacts and just glasses (but only one day, it sets off my trigeminal neuralgia to wear glasses)

My daughter is getting worried, biut I was hoping to get some input from some of the medically inclined before calling the doc, because his pat answer is hospital with my test results. I just can't do that right now.

I know you all aren't doctors, but thought so,e might have experienced something similar. I've been reading on the computer and iPad a,lot,with all the editing I'm doing right now, but my vision seems to change almost,hourly. It's just weird.

Can high blood pressure cause double vision and blurry vision?

There are multiple conditions that cause double / blurred vision. Such as MS, MG, Thyroid problems, uncontrolled diabetes but you said your sugar was ok. B/P if high and sustained can cause it due to increased pressure. I have been having increased verticle double vision and also developing a strabismus which is probably the cause. I went to neurology last Tuesday and he was concerned so I am having some more MRI's on the 29th.

I think the first thing I would do is go and have your eyes checked. It could just be eye strain.

Thanks, Cindy. Good luck with your tests

I've had a bit of blurry vision since adding Baclofen .

Thanks, Deb, I'd have considered that if I hadn't been in it for over a year.

I guess I'll break down and just ask the doctor. Too many weird things going on. I gotta get any medical stuff squared away as I lose my insurance very soon

Some forms of HSP also hit the optic nerve, though with the episodes you are having if it were the optic nerve it would be optic neuritis, not atrophy. I've been living with progressive vision loss for a few years, PM me if you need some pro tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back