For PALS in MA IPADS available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, it's just my reminiscing about the good old days when I could actually drink a beer. Now I can't even hold my head up let alone slurp the head off of a glass of the magic elixir. :(

@ Barry ya know I get so pipped at how this disease takes away from a persons small luxuries in life "PUCK ALS" ! I cannot hug you in real life but i am so giving you a hug that I would give you if I was there (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGGLES)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I give good hugs :0)

Thanks Kim, I need all of the hugs I can get today.

Your very welcome :0)

My wife cannot speak or swallow at all but her limbs are in reasonably good shape. She has a fully functioning speech computer at home and uses her iPad whenever we are out of the house, even in doctors offices. She uses a $2 application, "Speak It" and the iPad is invaluable. (There is also an application called Proloquo 2 that is much more sophisticated.) We go to our ALS Support Group and almost everyone with speech problems uses an iPad to communicate. It is extremely easy to use and totally portable. It is not a laptop computer nor a fully functioning augmented speech device but certainly provides an extremely portable, inexpensive product that for some things is much more useable than the alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back