Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
But my cat does this too
B3E0C991-0CF3-4FCB-B999-91788D4A8C62.jpeg

My eldest dog starts doing drive-bys and giving me side-eye at precisely 4:55pm. The youngest will always take his cue from her, but has anxiety about everything and will just panic thinking he's missing out on something.

The cat resets his meal clock whenever someone enters the kitchen and he senses weakness/indulgence/guilt. Having 3 people in the house 24/7 has worked very well for him these past couple months.

They definitely try to push for an earlier meal time. I’m always amused by how they get messed up by daylight savings vs standard time.

Wow, my Daisy does the exact same thing - she starts pacing and giving the side-eye at about 4:45. She'll bark a little too if it gets passed 5:00.

My Abbey cat searches you out 3 times a day for food she'll rub on you but beware if you don't move fast enough for her she'll grab you by the ankle and let you know she's not pleased. She's lucky she's so cute 😻😼

Ace sleeps with Fred but if I get up early, he rushes out to the kitchen. I feed him.
His night meal is at 5:30 consistently. He starts pacing like a caged lion at 4:30. Sometimes, Fred tries to play with him or even give him a chew bone but he is relentless. It's weird because he adjusted to daylight savings time better than I did. If we happen to forget, he jumps up on one of us, then down, then up, until we figure it out that he hasn't been fed.

When I had cats, I free fed them and they would wait for wet food. No big hurry and they were picky, each wanting something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back