Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ONtario
City
London
Hopefully I won't sound like a know-it-all, or a holier-than-thou, but going through the diagnostic process myself just now and reading a lot of the posts here, there are a couple things that I have realized.

First, and foremost, blessings to everyone here who takes the time to comfort, advise and reassure. You are truly making a difference to some people when, in your shoes, I am not sure I could use my precious time to be concerned about strangers. God bless.

More importantly, I have learned the true meaning of "what will be will be". Of course I am scared of what "might be", hyper-vigilant about my body and the strange things it is doing- paying too much attention to how much smaller one leg is than the other, and any other little twitch, pain, or "feeling". Like most of you, I know that "something" is wrong, my doctors know that "something" is wrong. You can feel it in your guts, you just know. BUT, if something is wrong, it's not going anywhere. Knowing about sooner rather than later isn't likely going to be very helpful, and worrying too much is going to precipitate symptoms that are coincidental and "fuzz up" the picture that you are trying to develop.

Yes, be proactive with your doctors, be informed, but don't muddy the waters with "little things" that "might indicate" a specific problem. Give them the basics and let them work from there. If something happens that is serious (can't walk) then let them know.

If you have ALS, then you do, if you don't then you don't. Either way, the most important thing is to keep on keepin on and make the most of every day, what will be will be. Gives me peace.

Lori

A-MEN! Well put Lori!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back