For all new membbers,Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

notgivnup

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
OS
State
Darkside of Moon
City
country
JThis was ritten awhile ago but I felt with so many new members I woulld share it again,

Just My Thoughts
Posted 03-02-2012 at 05:13 PM by notgivnup

I just wanted to share a vision in my mind of our journey together with this horrible disease.
I t is as though we are all traveling together in a wilderness desert, void of anything, struggling along together into the unknown, when one falls we all rally around to pick them up and help carry them till their strength returns. Some fall and can no longer go on; we honor them with thanks and prayers. Pick ourselves up, sometimes ever so slowly, and continue on the journey, watching out for fellow travelers, ready to do whatever it takes to help them through. We share suffering, weakness, struggles, and loss of loved ones yet we must go on into the unknown till our time comes when we fall and are unable to go on. So much sadness we endure on this journey yet we survive from strength that comes from somewhere deep within each of us. Thank you all for traveling with me, holding my hand and picking me up when needed. Be strong my friends hand in hand we endure the hardships of this journey together.
My Love to All

Thank you, Di. Whenever I have come across this in an older thread it always makes me feel better for a while. To know that i am surrounded on all sides by people who are going through the same thing and are ready to pick me up or stand and wait until I am ready to stand again.

Missed it the first time. Thanks for bringing it to our attenion. This is the kind of message that explains why this forum is important.

Thank you Di, you bring us all up. Love you lots.

Di, that is great & so true. Thanks for making me smile thru the sadness.

Anyone watching Team USA basketball going for Gold?

You're a very special lady, Di. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all. I often think of you. Yasmin.

Di, thank you. Your words are insightful. This group exemplifies every word you have written. There is s much support on this forum, so much love, and acceptance. Thank you for sharing your previous post.

Di,
Thank you! I needed that today (and every day)!

Jen

I read this forum everyday because it is so helpful for us new ones and I love the support everyone gives each other.

Worth repeating!

words of wisdom my dear online ALS friend.......a tough journey.......friends help so much.......cheers.....fp

that was very nice to read.

Anything Di posts is worth the read. She's truly an angel on earth. I so admire her strength. I don't believe she's ever had an unkind word or thought about anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back