Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San ramone
Hi all and thanks you for taking the time to read and respond to my question , I truly appreciate it .
My question is about foot drop. Does it happen out of the blue or is it a gradual process ? I’ve noticed a couple of times recently that when I walk the upper side of my toes stick for a split second on the hard wood floor . I’ve been bare foot both times and it’s been warm .I have health anxiety and I know I overreact to things , my husband says most people wouldn’t even have noticed this as I didn’t fall or anything . I made the mistake of googling gait / walking and foot drop and ALS came up 🙄. I don’t have any trouble walking on my heels or toes or going up stairs and I run about 4-5 miles daily ( it helps with my anxiety ) and haven’t noticed any weakness .
Thanks for any thoughts and I hope everyone is doing ok with the shelter in place .

If you can walk on your heels and toes you are fine. I literally lost the ability in under an hour. I was at the gym. It hasn’t my first muscle to go but my first muscle also went suddenly.
please keep working on your anxiety. I think these difficult times are exacerbating health anxiety for some

Hello-

I'm hoping you have read this: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

The above link explains a whole variety of things about ALS and symptoms. Dragging your toes intermittently is not normally something that makes people think "terminal disease". Please make sure to read the above carefully and be aware that anxiety and hypervigilance go hand in hand. With things being what they are out in the world, it's very easy to catastrophize and focus on things that are not at all sinister. Being able to run for 4 to 5 km pretty much answers the question of whether or not you have ALS.

Thank you for you quick replies and yes I did read the stickies. You are right , I think I’m hyper vigilant and obsessing on normal things , this is a strange time and it’s making me more anxious ( that and having 3 teenage boys at home in a small house who are trying to bankrupt me with their eating 😜)
Thank you again for your reassurance and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back