Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Arkansas
City
Fayetteville
Hello,

My mom has the bulbar type ALS. it has affected her speech, swallowing, and breathing capacity. She has had to alter her eating style somewhat, and she gets pretty stuborn about it.

She lives in South Louisiana, where eating is a social event, so she is greatly affected by this new limitation. We, who live out of town, are going visit and stay with her next weekend, and want to cook some good foods for her to enjoy. We also want to create some individual servings, and put in her freezer, so she has good food to eat for a while, instaed of scrambled eggs, soup, or whatever they decide to eat out with on a daily basis.

I do not have the ALS cookbook that she received at clinic. It went home with her, and my sister. Can anyone give me ideas of what we can prepare for her, that is okay? We were thinking aling the lines of: lasagna, chicken gumbo, speggetti, bread pudding. We know that meat would need to be cut very small, but we are open to any imput from all of you, who know so much more than us.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back