00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Hello,
So I promised I would provide a follow-up.
After seeing my Primary, he feels my symptoms do not add up. He is not excluding MND however he feels I might have some sort of autonomic dysfunction.I need to do more tests. Pursuant to my previous thread, I have a few follow-up questions. I am scared and hopefully your responses will provide me with some peace of mind. 1) With respect to the throat, my symptoms began where my vocal cords with tire very easily (like screaming at a concert). After some rest, it would get better. That lasted for 1 year or so (back in 2020). Now, when I get "stressed or anxious" or in cold weather, my tongue and/or lips don't seem to move as quickly as I want when I want to talk. What could this be?
2) When I yawn, my left eye closes however it has trouble opening up quickly (compared to the right). It takes a second more to open. Like it gets stuck.
3) I still have severe vertigo when I go to grocery stores, malls, etc. (basically any busy space).
4) I have not lost any function after 3.5 years of my first symptom, however my muscles fatigue very very easily. It take them some time to recoup.
5) This is the scariest one. Does foot drop just happen over night? I feel it's more difficult to walk. My toe sometimes hits the carpet. I can still walk on my tip toes and heals and can jump from stair to stair. Thank you for providing some insight on this one.
6) How does ALS feel in your face? My left side near my lip feels like there's tons of tension. Like something is pulling it down. This has been going on for 3.5 years.

Again, I am scared. It's been 3.5 years I've been living through this hell. Thank you for your help and opinion.

Previous thread Symptoms for the past 3.5 years.
Please don’t jump on stairs to test yourself. One worried person ( who did not have ALS) broke their leg trying this

After 3.5 years let's simply sum this up.

"I can still walk on my tip toes and heals and can jump from stair to stair." Good.

"Now, when I get "stressed or anxious"... better known as Health Anxiety.

"After some rest, it would get better."... nope, doesn't work that way in ALS.

Yes, you need help... not here.

I'll be the third senior member to tell you again that what you are reporting doesn't match ALS.
PALS feel quite normal and can't believe their body simply will not work.
You are reporting a whole swag of other things. They have gone on for years and not developed into ALS.
Please, I know you are scared, but you can get help dealing with this if you let ALS go and work with your doctor recommendations.
Being here is never going to help you. It will also not help you for me take the time to say why every one of your questions has nothing to do with ALS, but the great news is they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back