Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
boston
Hello! I posted about 8 months ago, and then around 3-4 months ago as my neurologists have followed up. I’ll save my story as it’s in a previous post. I had my 3rd follow up yesterday. I had an normal EMG in January and another normal one at the End of April. I have constant fasciculations still, a weak “feeling” right foot and like it’s slow responsive, and very hyper reflexes. He said my reflexes are symmetrically extremely hyperactive, without clonus, but I do have them so hyper that my other limbs elicit a reflex response (for example: if right knee reflex is done, left knee will slightly react also). Based on this and fasciculations and the foot issue, does this still sound as if it points away from Als? My neuro said he didn’t think so based on normal emgs and good exam. Do you concur?

Yes he said I don’t think this is Als but still no DX based on what happened 10 mos ago and all my symptoms, including hyper reflexes and fasciculations.

Kristen, two (three?) clean EMGs and as you wrote...

"My neuro said he didn’t think so based on normal emgs
(plural) and a good exam. Do you concur?"

Yes.

As far as ALS... you're good to go. Follow up with your
doctors.

Kristen ,
You've had several opinions on your numerous threads that you have started. All of the opinions have said "no ALS". As well, three clean EMGs, clinical exams and a lack of ALS symptoms. How many more will it take until you believe that you don't have ALS? 10, 15? You really do not evidence ALS at all, so I do find it sad that you're choosing to spend time fretting over a disease you have been cleared of several times.

Honestly, this is time you will never get back. I'm not saying that you may not have something, but what I sm saying is, that it is not ALS. Kristen, what this disease has shown me is that life is too short to fret about things and take our health for granted. Please, do work with your doctors to find a path that will net you better answers than a path that focuses on a terminal illness that you do not have.

Best of luck to you, take care, and stay safe.

Thank you all for your time and opinions. Much appreciated. I had two EMGs, one in January 2020 and end of April 2020. Was just providing updates. Sending you all blessings and light. Thanks again

Kristen,
Sounds like, at worst, you have a mild upper motor neuron dysfunction that is not impeding function, and best case, nothing at all. I understand that you expect a diagnosis but when that is not possible, it's usually a good thing. Absent any evidence for something more serious, I'd get on with your life.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back