AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Follow up with doctor

Bankerman93

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
so ive had symptoms for 8 months now and now my doctor wants me to go back for MRI's to make sure they didn't miss anything, i don't think its looking good, i've had 8 months of symptoms but no failure yet, just breathing problems and feeling weak, and of course the twitches. I will update when i hear back

Thank you

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Past threads here:

Bankerman93

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
Just an update,bailed on the neck MRI until i can get meds to go in that machine and set still for 45 mins.I spoke to my doctor and said my testosterone levels were a little low, but other then the fatigue that i have doesn't match my on going symptoms of Weakness,Twitching,excessive saliva, breathing problems, Voice changes and others.

Bankerman93

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
Had an appointment today, Doctor still wants an MRI of my neck/brain done, also he wants an Echo test done on my heart for shortness of breath. getting more concerned about ALS because all my test keep coming back normal.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
You had a completely normal EMG back in April, so why are you worried about ALS?

Might as well find out what is wrong with you so you can fix it. But an ALS forum is not the place for you.

Bankerman93

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
Hi karen,

Thank you for the reply, i am actually a bit concerned mine is breathing onset, and i heard that type is difficulty to pick up on an emg, and with all these normal test i've had points towards it.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Oregon
Even with respiratory onset ALS, the denervation is widespread. So it would be picked up on EMG of the limbs.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
You had normal pfts you said. They would not be normal with respiratory onset ALS. Laurie already told you that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock