follow up from before, should I do something about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatel81093

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NV
City
Las Vegas
Hey everyone, my second posting here. Hoping to get some more insight.

Long story short I'm 27 and began having fasciculations in my left back and then legs and then really all over. They literally last like a second or so then go away. This has happened for about a little over 2-3 months.

Progressively, my left shoulder just started to feel wacky and now when I look in the mirror my left shoulder looks smaller than my right (I'm left dominant and always felt my left was bigger/stronger than right). The left shoulder is most definitely smaller now than its right counterpart. By wacky I meant it felt somewhat weaker. Now it's slowly starting to happen with my right shoulder as well. The other day I was carrying a light 5-10 lb box and for some reason my shoulders felt sore and really really weak as I was carrying the box. Now granted I still have full range of motion as in I can lift my arm above my head and all, but on the right it feels more sore to do so. Is this considered weakness or does it not apply because I can still work these muscles even though they get sore really fast?

Now for the last 2-3 weeks, my left forearm seems like its been laboring. Again, I can do all activities on it but even after the most mundane thing with my left forearm, its really really sore. Im starting to get progressively more and more concerned. Is this like a sign of progression of sorts and one day I'll be not able to lift arm above head or wont be able to type/button my shirt? Or does the fact that these muscles are still intact in that all these activities are still doable (even if they seem to require more energy and get sore almost immediately)? My whole left shoulder and arm and forearm just seem listless, like it just wants to hang there so that the muscles don't have to do anything.

I've gone to doc and electrolytes all seem okay. The neurologist I saw only when I had fasciculations, and he listened to my concern, did a physical exam, and said I was okay, but since then the shoulder and forearm troubles have began. Could I just be an early presentation and this could be als? Or is this something else? Stress maybe?

I don't wish to waste your time with my post. I know this is an incredibly helpful and supportive forum and I just wanted some insight as to why I'm feeling the way that I feel. Thank you so very much to hearing my concerns.

This doesn’t sound like ALS It sounds like something else. should you do something? Yes, as always if you are experiencing a problem, you should check in with your regular doctor and let them evaluate and direct you. You will not make progress in finding and treating the problem unless you stop focusing on a disease that you do not have and start asking what is wrong.

as Laurie told you before coming here is bad for you and is reinforcing your fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back