Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Harrisburg

OK folks - here is an observation I found to be interesting - wondering if anyone else has had the same effect.

Back in about Oct. '05 I was having some ALS symptoms, but no diagnosis at that time. I got my usual Flu shot, and the following day I had a slightly red, swollen, warn-to-the-touch bump at the injection site. I also had a noticeable DECREASE in the early ALS symptoms. Over the next three days, as the injection site became less inflamed, the ALS symptoms returned to their pre-injectrion level.

I mentioned this to my neuro, who said "oh yes - other patients have told me that" and dropped the subject with no interesrt at all.

This past year - 2006 - I again got my flu shot, with the same result. As the ALS symptoms were more sever, the DECREASE in symptoms was much more dramatic - even noticed 2nd hand by my wife. Same thing - over 2 or 3 days the inflamation decreased and the ALS symptoms worsened.

Questions - - - - anyone else out there observe the same or related reaction to a flu shot, and did anyone report this to a neuro and get any kind of useful reaction?

I'm an engineer, not an MD, but this certainly looks like an interesting bit of information, if more than one person (me) is affected.

What say you all?

Hi JustMe. I've had the flu shots for 3 years now plus the pneumonia shot and haven't noticed what you have but it is interesting. AL.

Same as Al.

Mike

Just as a side thought though I've had 3 head colds since the flu shot this year. I stopped a chemo drug in Sept. that lowered my immune system but it is up now. Not sure if that is related. AL.

flu shots

Last year I took a flu shot als sypmtoms stayed the same, but I had two terrible colds, this year 'no flu shot' and have had one cold but I did not even cough and symptoms were mild. Barry

Flu & pneumonia shots

I have had ALS since 1997 and have had flu shot every year and have noticed no change in the AlS symptoms.
Take care and GOD Bless
Pappy 73:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back