10/1993
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
Hi Folks!
Just a reminder for PALS, family, caregivers and friends to get your flu shots. Also consider getting the pneumonia vaccine.
It is given in the same manner as a flu shot and lasts for a few years.

Another tip is to buy a bottle of hand sanitizer (available at all pharmacies) to keep on hand (no pun intended) for extra germ warfare.:wink:

Cheers all and God bless!

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Got mine last week but thanks for the reminder Mike. AL.

marlo

Mike27 said:
Hi Folks!
Just a reminder for PALS, family, caregivers and friends to get your flu shots. Also consider getting the pneumonia vaccine.
It is given in the same manner as a flu shot and lasts for a few years.

Another tip is to buy a bottle of hand sanitizer (available at all pharmacies) to keep on hand (no pun intended) for extra germ warfare.:wink:

Cheers all and God bless!

Hi Mike27,

I got my first flu shot last week too. And my pneumonia about 6 months ago. I didn't know that shot is good for a few years. Thanks for the info.

Marlo

TBear

Distinguished member
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Uxpatch
Thanks Mike:
I've been waiting for a clininc to open up at work, but in the mean time managed to contract a bout of it on Friday that put me down and out until Tuesday! If the latest strain is anything like what I had this week you should make an effort to find a flu shot fast!

CHeers
T

Lindoglvr

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Newport News
Pneumovac is good for 10 years, with a booster sometimes given after 5 years depending on the patient's health status.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.