Diagnosis
08/2017
Country
CA
State
BC
City
New Westminster
We will be setting out for Florida and Aruba on Saturday. We will leave for Seattle midday and fly from SEA to Orlando Sunday morning. Two days in Walt Disney World and then to Miami. We fly on Friday AM to Aruba where we meet up with my son Jeremy who has been in New Zealand since January. We will also meet my cousin from Germany and cousin from Toronto in Aruba.

I am feeling apprehensive about the trip. I have lots of baggage carriers with me and a walker that converts to a wheelchair. I will rent an electric scooter for the parks. And I think a beach wheelchair for Aruba. I also will have two strong sons to help me there too. It was just that my last two trips (by myself) had a few hurdles and a fair amount of exhaustion.

But of course I will be with the most important people in the world so I am sure it will be great.

Have a great trip and pace yourself! I can understand your apprehension but certainly an awesome reunion is in store. Bring activities suitable for cocooning breaks should the need arise.

Sounds like Seattle will be a short stopover but do let me know if there's anything you need while you're here.

Best,
Laurie

Wow, have so much fun! You seem very well prepared and I'm sure even resting up here and there is a holiday.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. You seem well prepared and well surrounded.

I spent a week in Key West with my family (husband, son, daughter and her fiancé) in February and we had a grand time. I rented a scooter to get around - my first time using one - I was surprised how easy it was to get around the town.

Really enjoyed swimming in the pool every day. And who knew the waters of the Atlantic could be so warm.

Sounds like a wonderful trip Ted. I hope you have a blast.

Ted, have a great time! I think having two strapping young men as personal assistants should make this trip a breeze! Please post pictures so we can all enjoy your trip with you vicariously. Need anyone to drop by to water your plants?

Ted...I so hope you enjoy yourself immensely!

Have fun, Ted. Don't wear yourself out at the theme parks. The food there sucks. Downtown Disney has a nicer assortment of restaurants. Aruba is nice and you'll get to relax more there.

Have a great trip Ted!

Ted, if you need anything at all while in Orlando, just call.

Thanks all. No indoor plants Fiona! My son’s friend will be house sitting. Thanks anyway.

Mike and Kim,

It calls for rain on Monday and Tuesday. Does that generally mean it will rain all day or showers in the pm? Do you think that will result in fewer people at the park?

Most of the rains this time of year are afternoon showers, although we did have a couple of torrents that lasted several hours.
In April, we don't get all-day rains here in Orlando.

Rain will not reduce the crowds at Disney. Which hotel are you staying at?

To get dining reservations at Disney World, you'll need to login to their site precisely at 6 am and hope you can enter your info faster than thousands of other people. See the Touring Plans company website .

Protect the ignition on your scooter from the rain! We got caught in a downpour at DW and although we got back to the room ok it then had a little seizure. We took turns directing a hair dryer at it and eventually revived it

Mike, we are at the Beach Club Villa. Thanks for the weather advice (and the scooter advice Nikki.) We are not doing the dining plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back