Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
For those who have Floaters ansd Flashes .
I use to have Minor ones which went away . i now have a permanent Floater and a Spider Web in my Field of Vision . Normally Floaters are off to one side . My Eye Doc.
did all the tests and told me it is common in folks 60 + to have Floaters .The Vitreous a fluid in the eye shrinks and tries to pull away from the retina (retinal Detachment)the outer part of the eye ball (Retina). The Flashes come when the Vitreous is trying to pull away from the retina . If you have only The Floaters you dont have to worry too much BUT IF YOU START GETTING FLASHES IN THE SIDE OF THE EYE """ GET IN TO THE DOC. """" As if there is a detachment and they are able to get it right away they can save your vision . My friends told me and laughed and said everybody has those (floaters) but then i started getting flashes . He is now watching me for a Retinal Detachment . If you go in for an exam and they are going to Dialate the eyes make sure you have a friend drive you home . The Sun will be too bright to drive . Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back