First visit to a Pulmonologist in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirbo thank you for explaining how alternating masks helped you. I love this forum allows for many different experiences to be explained here so that people can choose strategies they feel will fit their situation. There is always more than one right solution!

I called the pulmonologist to discuss Tom's coughing for hours after removing the bipap. We did not reach any Eureka moments in the discussion.
- something/mucous was disturbed by the bipap
- the machine is on the lowest setting.
- Tom does not have a cold/virus
- try again for a shorter period of time
- we discussed Tom's ability to bring up the mucous by coughing. It was not evident that Tom was coughing successfully, since it went on for hours
- Tom may need to go to pulmonologist for more tests
- dr did mention that the Bipap can cause aspiration

So the specific settings Laurie mentioned are okay? I have taken pictures of PAL's settings before and sent them to Laurie just so she could see what the settings were. Any talk of a cough assist?

My PALS isn't doing well and I am trying to increase the morning help. The agency didn't have anyone to send me this morning. I do have someone for this evening. Two evenings a week I have someone. My son is here and working in the upstairs office.

I didn't know BiPap could cause aspiration, but that makes sense. How are you feeling now? I'm completely numb. We had a choking emergency last night at bedtime.

Mary and MJT. Thinking of you. Tom listening to Grisham Boys of Biloxi. Now having his bed bath. Have not heard from GI Dr about the blood in the BM

MJT...a choking emergency...sounds scary. Did you use the cough assist or the Heimlech Maneuver?

Tom's Wife....We are listening to A Woman of No Importance for my book club. Pretty interesting research done and story put together by author. About a real, true, American woman amputee who worked as a British spy helping to get the French resistance going.

Tomswife what did the pulmonologist say about a cough assist?

We have telehealth with pulmonologist weds march 1. I think when a Bipap is ordered the cough assist and suction device should also be ordered. But what do i know 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back