Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
Noticed my first muscle wasting in my left foot today - I broke down. It is so difficult. I was looking at a nice thread this morning on tips and tricks to help with ALS, when I saw things about wheel chairs and so on my heart just fell. It is so hard to believe it is actually happening.

I know what you mean.. its heartbreaking seeing yourself disappear piece by piece.
In April I has full muscles.
Now I look like a concentration camp survivor-arms legs and body.
I'm so sorry that anyone has to endure this torture or watch their loved ones go through it.

I sometimes feel like it is a bad dream. Never imagined I could get ALS. So much lost...

it dose suck but iiwii . i stop asking why. now it's time to stand tall an take it as it comes. that might sounds funny coming from someone with their a.. stuck in a wc . then again what a.. it done took it. i been having jumping in my right side what is going to go there now.

I know what you mean pete.

ALS is a constant grieving, piece by piece, like a teaspoon a day. You get used to it, then you realise you never get used to it either.

IIWII - it SUCKS, we hate it, but we are in it together and we understand.

>ALS is a constant grieving, piece by piece, like a teaspoon a day. You get used to it, then you realise you never get used to it either.

Ditto that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back