Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
yucca Valley
What age does one usually get ALS or is it at any age? And what were your first symptoms..I am writing an article about ALS and hoping to get some info for this.
I dont like to pry into peoples lives I am hoping to make more people aware of ALS.

Bless
Nala

The most common age is between 40 and 50. My first symptoms were I had difficulty saying only four words like Tylenol, remember and others. It was not all the time, just every now and then. That began in Dec. 04. But by May 05 people noticed mainly over the phone that I sounded like I had consumed a few beers. Well - I don't drink so why did I sound like I had beer in my gut? As Fall of 05 cam around my speech was getting slower but still could be understood ok. So that was the first symptom I experienced. Now I can not speek at all. So I have what they call bulbar onset. Any other info you may need just ask us on this forum. We are here for each of us to help us deal with life day by day. Hope you have a great day. Rick

Hi Nala. If you use the search feature up above there are hundreds of topics that you can type in and get the information you are looking for. The www.als.ca website has information as well. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back