Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
CO
City
Fairplay
My left hand the fingers are curling in. My caregivers are trying to massage them to keep this from becoming permanent. Will this do any good? Is there other physical therapy that can help?

I believe R.O.M. (Range Of Motion) exercises would help with "finger curling".

There is also a brace for the wrist/hand/fingers that can be worn during the day and would also help with the fingers curling problem.
It's called LYNX WHFO Wrist/Hand Orthosis. You can do an Online Search for this brace.

Hope this helps.

@Kitkat78b:

I replied to your post but my first reply went to "Moderation".

It should show up later, I hope.

Stretching and massage will help, but not keep the curling from happening altogether. There are also splints that you can wear, but in my opinion they don't do anymore than a good stretch and hand massage (cost more though!).

Same here KitKat.

I wear a resting splint at night. It's a bit cumbersome, but easy to get used to. It has helped me a lot. Fingers still curling - but a whole lot less. That's my experience. I purchased from leeder group dot com. You can find it on line - it has fake but comfy sheepskin and is washable. About ninety-nine dollars. I do have a contracture, but I can still wear it . Please ensure you form fit it correctly. A palm is curved. I think there's a video on their site.

Massage can help - temporarily - in my case. Please make sure you massage from the finger tips towards the wrist. I was having it done incorrectly resulting in swelling of my fingers.

Here's a picture of the splint I use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 613
I have hands splints but also get my hands/fingers stretched and massaged

I do finger range of motion several times every day. little finger right hand stated curling a year ago but with the rom I have held it from further curling. if you need instructions ask, I will pm you

My hands are always lying flat with fingers always straight but they are massage daily and their not curling so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back