Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Borrego Springs
My husband was diagnosed with PMA in March, his began in his left leg and is showing weakness in right leg, but now his finger has begun to sort of jump. Not really a twitch like we see throughout his body, it just sort of moves without being told to,plus it sort of trembles, or shakes. Not bad but just enough to notice. Are these new signs? anyone had these symptoms?

I posted same question in General discussion, but thought maybe it is specific to PMA.

Hi Julie- I think it is more of the nerves and muscles doing their thing. Sorry this is happening but maybe it will not happen very quickly. This is always my hope for a new PAL- that the disease will progress slowly.

Hi juliesmiles,
My husband has the same jerking/twitching movement in his thumbs. The doc told us it is from irritated nerves.

Julie

I haven't been DX yet. My fingers and Toes jump sometimes, like they are playing a Piano. It is really weird. I just shake my head. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Lorie

Twitching

Hi. I have PMA primarily confined to my upper body. My left thumb moves on its own at times in a somewhat rhythmic fashion -- somewhat annoying. I have fasiculations in my legs but no current perceptible weakness. At times when trying to lie down and meditate I have gross twitches in my legs and shoulders.

I also started lithium about two months ago but cannot say I notice much difference except for increased leg fasiculations.

Mark

Thanks guys, I sort of figured it must be related, but needed to hear it from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back