12/1989
Country
Ca
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
Hello,

For the past 1 week + I have experience a contraction in my hand/pinky that is on and off. My pinky and hand muscle of my left hand is exp riencing an intermittent spasm. It will come every half hour and stiffen on and off for 5 seconds about 10 times. This has caused come cramping in my hand and for the last 2 days also twitching in the finger next to it... I’ve sensed this hand being stiff for the last few months also. I’ve also recently dropped a mater bottle I was holding with that same left hand by accident a few days ago. I’m a 29 year old male that is somewhat worried about these symptoms. Could this be ALS?

No, ALS is not quite that regulated. Guessing that hand is just not happy right now, I would try hand/finger exercises as found on Google, try self-massaging it in a warm shower, resting it if it's under stress, and see a doc if things get worse.

If I had a nickel for everything I've dropped from either hand...

Best,
Laurie

Water going down wrong pipe

Hi,

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing water going down the wrong pipe which results in me coughing and having the feeling of water being stuck in my throat. This happens about twice a day... I don’t seem to have any problems speaking. Looking online some sites said this could point to bulbar ALS. I’m a 28 years old male.

Thank you

Mod note- moved post to already open thread.

YoungMan, please have a read here https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-threads-read-if-your-thread-disappeared.html and here https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html to go over posting rules and the common questions folks bring to us here.

It sounds like you have a ferocious case of health anxiety and need to visit with a doctor for some help and not hang out on a forum that's primary function is to support those with ALS and their caregivers. The only time to come visit here is if a doctor has said there's a concern about neurological symptoms. Fingers feeling stiff and water being stuck in your throat don't provide any compelling reason to be here.

Please read the above links I gave you carefully. Particularly the "Read Before Posting" one to understand why this is not the place for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back