Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
I found an X-Wav converted Honda Element on Craigs List that after considerable negotiations, and a complete garage inspection (for rust at the conversion spots) I purchased.

It is a tight fit but does work and will be really good for my wife to use as a work vehicle (she sells surveying equipment) as it has a lot of storage room.

I cannot find a manual on the conversion and am wondering if anyone knows how to "manually" lower the ramp in case of a power failure to the vehicle (it is fully electronic)?

The atached pictures are from the craigs list ad and the scooter shown is not mine.

Attachments

• wav elemant 3.jpg
    wav elemant 3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 256
  • wav elemant 2.jpg
    wav elemant 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 261
  • wav elemant.jpg
    wav elemant.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 290
Pete, I can't answer your question but I'm very glad you have a way to transport you and your chair. I'm glad it is dual purposed, as well. My ex has an Element and it has over 200,000 miles on it.

Fred (my housemate) uses my van to take his long boards across the street to surf.

(863) 869-2095 is the number to a company that converts Elements. Maybe they can answer your questions.

Pete, I as well cannot answer your question directly. The company that did the conversion should have some kind of blabbermouth stickers or some other type of advertisement somewhere on your rig. You should be able to contact their customer support for assistance. I also purchased a used conversion, the darn thing is 23 years old and the company that did the conversion, Roll-X still provides me with support and they have online manuals even for this old relic, it has been a blessing as we have needed to perform repairs. The "manual" operation is usually easily accessible. So I would suggest you Google the conversion company and see what you can find.

Good luck and God bless,

Tom

Looks functional, but not as roomy as a mini van. Will you be driving it?

Hope you can get info on the unit. I bet Greg or swalker will have an answer to your question.

Pete, from what I've been able to find out, the X-Wav is converted by a company called freedom motors "freedommotors.com" although I didn't see anything on their website regarding the Element, according to an operator's manual for the Honda Odyssey manual operation of the ramp required nothing more than opening the door and pulling out the Ramp (in my Van, a lever needs to be flipped) as it is the weekend, you are not likely to get a human on the phone so I would wait till Monday and try giving them a call. Any respectable company should have support for obsolete (for lack of a better term) conversions.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thank you Tom and Kim.

Mark it is definitely not as roomy where I sit as a van would be (with my Permobil Corpus F3 the width is tight), but I get to sit up front beside my lady so that is a plus. And there is a lot of room in the back.

Unfortunately I have not driven in over a year. It does have a neat feature for people who do still drive in that once you wheel into the vehicle the driver seat can turn to face the passenger side for an easy transfer.

Congratulations on the new rig. Now you can really get on the GO!

Exciting stuff, Pete! This will absolutely make it easier on your "lady" to move you around. And that should help keep your world from closing in. Congrats!! :)

My best...

Jim

Pete that looks fantastic!

I'm glad you got the Element Pete! Sounds like it works well for you! We will be picking up our (used) van on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back