Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
IL
City
Springfield
I have had an absolutely horrible time this last month. They denied five different items on my wheelchair order, I have a pinced nerve in L5 and a soft tissue tumor in my right ankle . I finally got my sister to finish my shopping with gift cards and I am down to 2 fingers on each hand and my little tv died. All right before before Christmas.

Now comes the good part ... I got a steroid shot last wk - my back is 100% better
tests on tumor came back clear, will have minor outpatient surgery to remove it
got gifts mailed today DONE
my pcp got mad at insurance co and had a peer to peer consult with them and with all the testing results plus a bunch of utube videos sites that demonstrated the use of pwc accessories conviced them that ALS patients needs are specific to the individual rather than generalized for the disease They called this afternoon (my pcp) to wish me Merry Christmas and that they just recd the revised decsion -- they approved everything (all 5 denied items) for pwc So the final order is in and it is even going to be my favorite color forrest green

So prayers do come true there are rainbows in december and my husband has ordered me a new tv for the bedroom

thanks for listening it is nice to have somewhere to write to where people understand our problems and stresses

Nell

Good tidings and blessings to you and yours. It made my day to read your story. Thank you!

So glad everything worked out for you. Have a Merry Christmas.

Glad to hear things are working out for you now. Try to keep positve with all the stressors you face. We all care. Merry Christmas to you! Kim

So glad things worked out for you! Though why the pac items were denied is beyond me. Make sure you get the lift feature, and the tilt and recline, you'll need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back