Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharon,

Yes, you can. Just like Mike, I did all of Larry's arrangements. In fact, I actually didn't choose the donation site or arrange for cremation until after Larry's death (just-in-time is my middle name). I signed everything as me and e-mailed forms to the crematorium and NDRI accordingly.

But you can be more organized and do everything in advance...

My pals will be buried in a national cemetary. He wants to roadtrip so he can see several he considers possibilities. He said he wants to get a feel for the different sites.

We donated my dad to research at Dartmouth. My mom will be donated to. Their decision . They came and took my dad the night he died. And they kept him for two years. Then sent his cremated remains to my mom. That spring they had a service for all the family's of the people who "helped them". It was really quite beautiful and touching. My dad would have approved.

my husband refused to believe that he was dying anytime soon so we had no official plans in place. I of course had thought the whole thing thru since he had stated that he did not care what I did. I actually had an appointment scheduled at the local funeral home the day after he died--and honestly it wasn't that hard to plan right at the end since I had thought so much about what I wanted for him. It was sorta nice--all my kids were with me and we did it together. so if it doesn't happen in advance it isn't that big of a deal.

I would have liked to have donated him to science and I think he would have like that too, but by the end of his life I just didn't have the energy to look in to it.

Im sorry. It must be so hard to worry about this when he won't give input. Hope this thread gives you some comfort to deal with what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back