Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Believe me men you dont want to hear this............................. Ladies i have never heard of this occurring until it happened to me.......... I cannot find where it correlates with ALS............. I have had it, i can not take anymore, this is it................. I have an appointment with my OBGYN, because i have been having some issues, it turns out it sounds like uterine prolapse and i have to come in for an exam right away. I feel like turning into the guy from God Almighty.......................... I love god but i cant take all this sh--t. If it is not one thing it is another i mean really how much can one person take with no help what so ever. My insurance cards finally came in but they are putting me on a six month waiting period to make sure i dont get treatment for a previous condition. My life has gone downhill and i am at sea level and cannot get any lower, if i do i will drown, literally......... I am going to pray tonight for energy and endurance....... My pelvic muscles were one of the first things to act up, i had twitches deep down that felt like a baby kicking.... That was two years ago, and now this happens....... God grant me strength!

Sammantha,

I am so sorry about the problems you are having. My mom had uterine prolapse, or maybe it was partial, anyway she had to go in for surgery and what I remember was that they went in vaginally and tacked her uterus back up. While they were in there they also tacked up up her bowels. The bowel part took a while to recuperate from but the uterine part and her bladder were fine afterwards. In fact she said that the surgery eliminated her bladder problems- leaking when she laughed, etc. She told me that after three kids and one really big one- me, the first- that she had had problems for years but ignored it until the prolapse made her take care of it. Also I had an aunt who had it too.

About your insurance issue- we just went through the same thing since we moved here to GA - from Wilmington, by the way- and my PALS had gotten GA insurance. Well , when we started going through all the ALS stuff, the insurance company was saying that this was pre-existing and would not be covered. My hubby got copies of this previous medical records and we sent them to the insurance company and we had to go to some dept there that dealt with pre-existing conditions. When they got the records from all the NC doctors then they agreed that this was a new condition and eliminated the 6 month waiting period.

Can you get copies of your last gyn exam and your ob-gyn records? That should show that you did not previously have this condition. Call your insurance company and ask for a supervisor or someone who can take care of this. I must also add that the nurse at our first neurologist's office also went to bat for us with the insurance company and helped get us approved. When you go see your ob-gyn ask if there is someone there who takes care of the precertification for procedures. She can help you with getting your procedure approved and showing the insurance company that this is new and not pre-existing. It took us a few weeks to get approved, but I was calling the insurance company and our nurse every day. I wonder if they pushed it through so they wouldn't have to take my calls every day.

Try not to get too down, the uterine thing is tough for a woman. Just get your ducks in a row, get the copies of your records (and keep a copy for yourself), and become good friends with the person at the insurance company. Make sure you get the name of the person you talk to but don't tell them about your other problems, just the uterine thing. No use scaring them with all the money they'll pay out. Get her or his extension number and keep calling the same person every day while you wait for them to drop the waiting period. If you can prove it is not pre-exisiting then you will not have to wait six months.

Good luck from a fellow Tarheel - and I've been to Newport- the seafood is great, the beaches are beautiful, but you are not close to any good medical facilities. I'll be thinking of you. Lee

Hi Sam, Lee gave you great advise, nothing I can really add to it, but wanted to agree with her that having your medical records from you last doctor is key in proving it is not a pre-existing. Insurance companies don't care if you become sick with something before you're their policy holder, as thats just not something they can prove, what they care about is if you knew about it and were treated for it previously. ..... and.... wanted to say I understand, (and that I sent you a PM) take care :)

Hi sam,

my mom had this and the surgery years aftr 4 kids. MY little sister has problems with also. she will have to do somthing soon, I am sure. Maybe this is not related to your neuromuscular issues and just a "woman" thing?! let us hope. The things us women have to deal with! men could never handle it........jk.....well, no I am not. My husband gets bed ridden with a cold.

I will pray for strength and peace for you. Sometimes we may not get the cure we want so all we can ask for is peace and strength.

Take care of yourself,

april

Sammantha,

I am praying for you, you seem to be having one problem after another. It seems that is a common problem among women, but it is one less thing you needed, especially with the insurance issues. Try and have your obyn fight the insurance company that it is not a previous condition.

Hang in there,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back