Nonduality

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello everyone,

I am now almost 8 months into twitching and things seem to have gotten worse.

My girlfriend also started twitching maybe 3 months ago as well?

We both had omnicron in jan and are pfizer vax some time in spring of 2021 I believe.

The twitches have gotten a bit worse but more concerning is these other symptoms I'm having:

1. My left leg falls asleep quite alseep and goes very numb when sitting in certain positions. I have had my leg fall asleep many times before twitching but it falls asleep 10x faster and the numbness covers a greater area and gets much number than before.

2. My right pinky toe has recently started to seperate from the rest when flexing my toes - it also gets a weird sensation almost like a small part of it is numb? but not exactly.

3. The worst is my tongue - if I'm chewing for more than 10 seconds my tongue gets VERY tired. This started happening maybe 3 months ago. It depends what I'm eating but something like a sandwich is pretty difficult - I have to chew less than before.

4. My speech - I don't notice a slurr but I believe I have developed a lisp. My S pronounciation sounds different and stronger like a lisp.

5. Holding up my neck feels difficult now - like it gets tired very fast.

6. My joints crack and pop every morning when getting out of bed and I'm pulling muscles I never had previously - this was never a thing for me pre twitching

In full transparency I did have a clean EMG 3 months ago - but I just don't understand what else is causing this. Maybe this is early bulbar with unusual presentation? I also have had candida/thrush for awhile with yeast problems -i had seen some links to this and ALS But hoping it's not the cause as antibiotics really messed me up a few years ago.

I feel like 99.99% of the time the reply to these posts is usually that the person is fine unless they literally can't lift there foot off the ground - but my body just isn't functioning the same and it may be time for a second neuro visit and emg to get clarity.

As for my girlfriend twitching - I hope it's psychosomatic and not some form of ALS being triggered by covid/vaccine.

Thank you in advance to all the brave and supportive people here.

There is a difference between saying fine and saying see your doctor this doesn’t sound like ALS. Long covid with neurological symptoms is becoming increasingly common and all the symptoms don’t appear right away. Post viral syndromes were something we have always seen here but now it is an epidemic - not surprising. Are your symptoms and those of your gf ALS ? The odds are beyond astronomical. Are they real? Yes. Are they related to covid? Likely. Should you go back to the doctor ? Of course and your gf should see her gp too

So very many things could cause all these vague symptoms, and they sound far more systemic than neurological. Covid sure sounds like the most likely. Your girlfriend could not possibly catch ALS from you, so her twitching again points to this all being something else.

ALS is not triggered by covid nor vaccines.

Please do see a doctor, that is the only way to move forward. Don't ask for an EMG though. Ask what could be going on and let your doctors do the work. All the best to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back