Feeling "Weird"

Status
Not open for further replies.

me

Distinguished member
Feeling \"Weird\"

One of the symptoms my husband has had since the beginning, is just an overall feeling of "weird". he describes it something like "twitchy, jumpy, weak...." does this feeling sound familiar to any of you? -me-

Sounds like what i describe as the creepy crawlies. i get it some nights when i go to bed. a strange feeling of uneasiness. usually end up getting back up and watching tv or getting on here. sometimes another ativan will help. haven't had it much since getting the bipap but there were a couple of nights.

Hi guys,

i tHink tHat tHe feeling of weird is sums it all up. Henry says He can feel His body cHanging daily and Has for many years. nigHt time is tHe worst. everytHing seems to be amplified at nigHt for everyone. He still does not like to go to bed, but His sleeping meds work great now. He did take ativan for a wHile but He did not like tHe way He felt in tHe morning so He cHanged . He takes imovane now and tHey seem to be better for Him. tHe feeling of tHe creepy crawlies is common i tHink in als patients. tHe twitcHing and cramping do not give anyone witH als a feeling of well being. anyway, glad to Hear tHat you are sleeping better al, it makes a big difference for your energy level. keep tHe faitH. love to all...

carol

Carol & al - thanks for your reply's. i'm just trying to get answers in any small way possible. when i asked him if "weird" was like "creepy crawly" he looked at me like i was crazy....i said i was just trying to define "weird". he said, "weird, like my body won't work right, weird." sounds similar to both of your descriptions. he does seem to have a lot of twitching and cramping. he has also seemed to be in a lot of pain the last few days. the twitching is in a specific place on his back and his tongue. he said the other day that he is getting closer to wanting to go the doctor, but then thinks, no. i told him i was with him whatever he decided. melissa

Talk about feeling weird. i was just going through the posts and if i hadnt already been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after reading all the symptoms of als i would proably think thats what i had. i twitch i have cramps an spasms. i stumble and my balance is not good. it just shows how many other diseases can mimic another and thats why its so important to get to the right drs and get the right tests before assuming you have something or scaring yourself into thinking you have a terminal disease. the only difference with me is that i am in pain every day and my sleep patterns are toTally off and i suffer from depression because of the chemical imbalance in my brain. i was thinking of the lady who thinks her fatherinlaw might have als because in runs in the family and he gets sciatica pain. i too suffer from this. i am only mentioning this because our bodies can fool us into thinking we have many things when sometimes its nothing but when we read and we let our own minds decide whats wrong it can get us into a whole mess of anxiety and sleepless nights for nothing. never assume you know the sayng just keep digging until you get the right answers and hopefully they will be something that is just mimicing this terrible disease.
kim
als about loving someone

Thanks kim for your encouragement. i know there are several other possibilities (that i know of, obviously there's probably more). things like lyme, vitamin deficiencies, etc. that is why i would like to return to the doctors, to put my mind at ease. unfortunately, for me, his mind is already at ease. he is generally not worried about it either way. and, we've been through it already, more than once, that he has set in his mind how he wants to handle this and is not going to budge on my thoughts. so, for now, i'm just dealing with it the best i can. some days i do better than others. whatever it is, though, effects many of our days because of his symptoms. so, i am living with someone who has some kind of illness that changes the way we usually live, even if it's as simple as depression or stress. until it's resolved, it's there. i have been really glad for this group because no one else even knows what's going on (except for one friend of mine). i have had no where else to voice my emotions, questions, etc. i am blessed to have met everyone of you and whatever turn this takes, i have been educated on this disease and the people who have it and there famlies and that won't be wasted knowledge.

well, happy easter to all and i pray many blessings for all of you. melissa

Re: Feeling \"Weird\"

[quote:5b9df98b18="me"]One of the symptoms my husband has had since the beginning, is just an overall feeling of "weird". he describes it something like "twitchy, jumpy, weak...." does this feeling sound familiar to any of you? -me-[/quote:5b9df98b18]

Hi me,
I think whenever the nerves are compromised the "weird" feeling is common. My muscles would twitch and jump all over the place!
I've had this disease for about 11 years so I've grown used to it.

I also noticed that I startle very easy, which never happened before.

Calcium is very good for cramps if your husband has that. Cheapest form is Tums or Rolaids. That came from my Neurologist.

Good luck to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back