Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
MD
City
Rockville
I've posted about our friend before. We are 1500 miles from them and haven't seen them since April. I plan to visit in November.

The other day, our friend's wife told me that his respiratory numbers have declined. He has been in the hospital 5 times in the past year with pneumonia or pneumonia-like symptoms.

He's back in now, having a bronchoscopy, having a mucus plug removed, and says he feels worse than when we was admitted. She is going home to get his support equipment (trilogy, cough assist, vibrating vest.)

There is nothing we can do from here but pray for them. If we were there, I could do grocery shopping, help their daughter with homework, babysit while my friend is with him at the hospital, etc., etc. I told her that if her sister can't come, I'll get on the plane. What are those SW points for, anyway?

No question, just venting, and hoping this isn't the end.

Feel free to vent, and by all means, if her sister can't go, get on the plane. There is absolutely nothing like having a friend who will drop everything and fly across country in your time of need.

You are a wonderful friend.

The latest news is good -- his doctor removed two mucus plugs and some congestion. He is feeling much better and is resting comfortably, and has his trilogy and cough assist there. It's almost certain he'll go home tomorrow.

Glad he is feeling better, it's such an awful disease.

Try to visit as soon as you can - 5 hospital admissions is a lot. It's great that you were ready to jump on a plane, no one did anything like that for me so you are a wonderful friend.

Well, he is back in the hospital yet again. Pneumonia again.

I will see them in 3 weeks. when I am in their state for work. It's a 3.5 hour drive from where I am staying to their house, but with two free days during my business trip, I will of course go to see them.

I fear it may be the last time I will see him, but of course it is impossible to know.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are able to see him again. Maybe he could see/hear you via Skype or Facetime meanwhile?

Best,
Laurie

Laurie, we have FaceTimed with him before, when there was someone there to manage the phone for him. I will check with his wife on a good time for them (at a time Mr. Dig is home and can be on the call).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back