Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Oakville
Hello Pals, this is just a little update, just over a year ago I had a peg. put in because I would choke when trying to swallow food and I could not drink liquids without choking.

I don't know the reasons but I just finished my lunch, ham,salami, potato salad, cheese, bread and butter, a bowl of fruit cocktail and a glass of milk. I do it every day now with no problem, but it takes me about an hour to eat it.

I don't know if it is the program I'am on or just teaching myself how to eat again. All my other problems are still the same no better no worse. I still use the PEG twice a day for my meds because they taste so bad.

Just to let you guys know, I feel good just like I did before ALS but I still can't walk without aids and I still can not talk.

Al

Good Going, Firefighter ! ! Congrats.

Way to go Firefighter. Whatever the reason...I am so happy you were are able to enjoy food again. I am doing the happy dance for you. Believe me...its funny!

Good for you!

Kathy

Thanks guys I can now have a glass of beer to.

Al

I had a peg put in in Oct, fvc<48, so I was told better now than later. I use mine for meds too. We seem to be progressing slow, I was diagnosed in Aug. 2014, the cognitive dissonance between the fact you have a fatal disease and still being able to function is a head scratcher. But It is nice to have a period of grace in there before things get ugly. Hope things keep moving slow for you.
Vincent

Al, great to read about your eating (and drinking;)).

Super to hear such a good report.

Steve

That's great news!

Thanks everyone, just finished a Danish and a glass of 7up.
Al

That's great news Firefighter!!!

The iHerbs arrived yesterday and today i have started my husband on your vitamin regime :)

Good. for you AKNate, I really hope you guys are as happy with it as I'am. No guarantees but I feel it has helped me and definitely slowed things down and seems to have reversed things at least for awhile, We will see good luck and keep us informed.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back