Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Orange Park
After all my worry of ALS, I've decided to put it on the back-burner and look at things like EBV/Lyme/CMV. I've been feeling a bit better over these past weeks (dry gross taste gone, smelling is back), still have some joint pain, burning, and twitching. Still do get very hot sometimes but my legs feel not as weird. And I've read adult Mono/EBV flares can last a while. Will look into possible lymphoma since my right underarm feels swollen just to make sure everything checks out. Full panel blood test scheduled for this Wednesday. I'm tired of being in the dark, and should have tested for mono/ebv sooner not realizing it can affect someone in their mid-twenties. Sometimes I shouldn't jump to the worst possibilities.

I've really felt alone through this whole process, driving myself and everyone crazy. I've just been crying more than ever. Tried to enjoy my birthday last week as best as possible, and am trying to stay positive. I see a mental health counselor now too, as well to help release some stress. She told me that no matter what the outcome, I should enjoy a little bit of happiness in each day.

I appreciate all the help and genuine care I've received from this board. Thank you so much right now, because I literally didn't have many to turn to.

-- Lauren

This is good news though I would be a little more heartened by your mental health improvement were it not for the fact that you are still assuming worse-case scenarios; strangely enough it is possible to have swollen glands without it being cancer!

But you are giving it a shot and it takes time and a lot of effort to get your mind out of destructive pathways, so kudos to you; you deserve it!

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back