Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
PA
City
philipsburg
Still waiting on the neurology visit in February.

My symptoms are so baffling to my PCP, my right side of my body is mostly affected. Its my hand and foot. They definitely feel weaker than my left. I notice it when trying to hold things. Even something small like my phone.

My foot is the same. It feels so strange, and weak. Now I have this unrelenting fatigue. The muscle twitching has become more side spread, it's like popcorn popping under my skin. The twitching is more dominate in my foot.

They both just feel off. It's so hard to even describe the feeling. Oh and the stiffness and swelling in both of them when I wake up. I'm at a loss. I'm starting to see an internal medicine doctor in January. I'm hoping they have some answers for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

Hope you find some answers soon. If it eases your mind, weakness, stiffness and swelling are not indicators of ALS.

Please do report back after you see the new neurologist. Until then we have all given you our opinions and that's all we can really do here.

There are general health forums where you can get some support in the meantime and help you not to feel so alone.

Maybe you can start some voluntary work with the elderly or paralysed people? It wouldn't have to be physical work, you could visit and do small things for them. This could help you with perspective and really help you not to feel so alone. Giving is often the best therapy there is.

All the best.

Hope you find some answers soon. If it eases your mind, weakness, stiffness and swelling are not indicators of ALS.

Muscle stiffness doesn't indicate ALS? Just making sure I understand correctly.

Forgive me I'm so rattled by all this and trying to take care of my 2 year old my processing isn't at its best. If that's what you meant then That's a huge relief!

What about pain?

Please do report back after you see the new neurologist. Until then we have all given you our opinions and that's all we can really do here.

There are general health forums where you can get some support in the meantime and help you not to feel so alone.

Maybe you can start some voluntary work with the elderly or paralysed people? It wouldn't have to be physical work, you could visit and do small things for them. This could help you with perspective and really help you not to feel so alone. Giving is often the best therapy there is.

All the best.

I worked most of my life taking care of such people as a nurse. I wish so much I could go back to it. It always brought me joy helping others.

Such a wonderful idea to try to volunteer, I will look into it. If anything at least it will distract me.

I'm very curious to see what neurology says. Thank you for your time.

Jai there is a post at the top of this forum section titled READ BEFORE POSTING - please do go and read that as it talks about pain, stiffness, perceived weakness etc

Really saves us typing the same things over and over and is our official position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back