kelly

Country
US
State
ny
City
saratoga springs
Hello everyone,
My husband is going to have a feeding tube inserted tomorrow. As you can imagine we are both incredibly anxious. We know the positives...but it is still incredibly emotional. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, KR

My thoughts and prayers are with your husband and you tonight and tomorrow, hoping for a speedy recovery period. From all I have read about, and taken care of in the hospital, it should be a quick procedure. Hopefully someone on here who has been thru the surgery will respond also.
Get some rest,
God bless,
brenda

I can still remember when my son, then 37 yrs old, had his feeding tube inserted. He explained everything about the tube to me. It saddened me when I saw it for the first time, but little by little I got used to seeing it. Bless his soul, he would always tell me, "Mom, I'm okay with it." Als was quite an experience. Never heard of it before. When I found out what it was, it killed me, and it broke my heart in tiny pieces. Love you son.........miss you a great deal!

Irma

kelly, it's me again.......good luck and I will be praying for your husband! He'll be okay. God bless him.

Irma

Thanks Irma,
My hubby is 42..young too. I know you miss your son dearly. This is a brutal disease. Thanks for your kind words.
Kelly

Best wishes Kelly. I'm 42 also and fighting through something neuromuscular. I'm driving my wife nuts. Of course I'm a little nuts anyway.

Prayer said for a speedy recovery from the procedure.

Dear Kelly,
good luck to your husband, I will be thinking about the both of you. When my MIL got hers inserted ithe actual procedure took all of 15 minutes. It caused her very little discomfort. Now the greatest thing is that we got a pill crusher and give her her meds right though the peg tube which is so much easier. It is intimidating at first, but you and your husband will do just fine. It will allow him to the get the nurtients he needs right through the tube. My mil still TRIES to eat by mouth for the taste of foods but her main nurtition is comming from the feeding tube.
I will pray for both of you tomorrow.
In friendship
jeannie

Kelly,
Hoping all went well with the procedure. My mom just had hers, she is 79 and made it through fine. Also felt better after because she is now getting better food and hydration.
Tfisher

hi kelly
i hope everything goes ok for you and your husband and he recovers well.
my friend has advanced bulbar als and just had a peg after along time refusing,but he came through it ok. i am sure your husband will be fine.

its me

Well you know how I feel about you guys.Andrew is still fighting otherwise he would not want the tube.Hang in there and e mail me eh love ya Kevin

Prayers for simple surgery with no complications, rapid recovery and adjustments to the "new normal" for you guys.

Love,
Cindy

Kelly -

I hope the procedure goes without a hitch. Hang in there.

Liz

Kelly,

How is your husband? Did the procedure go OK?

Hi Kelly

Hi Kelly:

Hope your husband is doing fine by now; let me tell you just the sound of a Peg is scary, but it is only at first, when it has been done and your hubby is being fed that way, you can rest when you know that he will not choke.

I took care of my husband two yrs. at home and a lot of times when I was feeding him by mouth we had scary moments a few times I had to put in my finger inside his mouth to get something that had stuck; later on when he couldn't eat by mouth a PEG was done, along with a traqueostomy since he could no longer breath by himself, after this we spent six month's at the hospital, we live in Baja California, Mexico and it isn't easy here to get a Vent Machine and we don't have Hospice, and all the things you can in the U.S., we had to stay at the hospital six month's; LET'S GET GOING TO WHAT I WANT TO TELL YOU, it isn't hard to feed through a PEG tube, I did so myself at the hospital all the time, only the first times this was done by a nurse, but I was trained to do it and it is easy when one learns I even learned to use the Vent Machine, to suctioned, etc. etc.

You will do fine, I'll be praying for both of you, may God bless you.

Paty
Baja California, Mexico
Cals to late husband Jorge

Kelly,

I wish you and your husband the best, please let us know how things go.
I will be praying for your families peace with all this.

blessings

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back