Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
City
halifax
hi , all just had a friend tell me about this any one know anything or have thoughts

Serdaxin(R)

Serdaxin is presently in clinical development for Major Depressive Disorder, and may work as a dual enhancer of serotonin and dopamine in the brain through a novel mechanism of action. In Rexahn's Phase IIa, proof of concept study, Serdaxin showed numerical differences versus placebo for response and remission rates, as well as significance in the severe patient population versus placebo. The trial also demonstrated Serdaxin to be safe and well tolerated without the appearance of serious side effects that are commonly linked to currently marketed antidepressants. Rexahn is moving forward with a larger phase II clinical trial, involving approximately 300 subjects using an independent central rater to reduce bias associated with depression trials. Preliminary results are expected in Q4 2011. Additionally, Serdaxin has shown neuroprotective potential in animals treated with neurotoxins, and may have important applications in the treatment of human neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson's disease (PD) and Alzheimer disease (AD). Moreover, animal model studies also suggest that Serdaxin reduces aggressive behavior and relieves anxiety.

this is the line that caught my attention

neuroprotective potential in animals treated with neurotoxins, and may have important applications in the

Hhaven't heard of it up here.

AL .

I haven't heard of it either, but the MS compound we are just finishing in phase 3 has many people interested in it's theoretical use for ALS. The MS results should be out in time for the AAN in Hawaii next month?

Check it out giigle, Biogen Idec Define study

thanks grampal and , alyoop - that is 2 hopefull's .. i wish i could find the 1st artical i read on it it explained what was in it that they believed was a nuropoctor i am so trying not to get hopes up but , it sounds very promsing to me

why don't you drop this post over on the als.net forum? or i will do so if you like.

why don't you drop this post over on the als net forum? or i will do so if you like.

would you do it for me and i will look later dont have but , a quick minute right now ... i didnt even know t .... thank youhere was another form , and i would be weary of making too many more friends , i hate losing them and my heart breaks , still not over joel and now judy is gone also

hi tdamess. i've put a post over there. while i am not a scientist or researcher, i've read the post again and i think any neuroprotective properties of this drug are probably at this stage either coincidental or in the very earliest stages of investigation. by the sounds of things it is a drug that is being trialed for another very specific disorder, and that is where the priorities of whoever is testing it will lie. While it may be helpful for other ailments (ALZ, PD) this report is seemingly just opening up the lines of inquiry. I wouldn't get my hopes up to be honest, but as always, I would love to be proved wrong.

two ladies with MND in my area died last week. every where we turn we see another friend taken. i understand your heartache.

thank you rocmg , and nice to see you again .... that's what i am trying not to do and i think i am succeeding , so many new things to look at again ,the one above , and the protiens one , will they ever find the cure? ... at least soon like even a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back