Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OK
City
Norman
Hi, I am new here although I have been reading some forums for a couple of weeks.

Just wanted to get your opinion on my symptoms:
Started with a chills sensation that lasted three days along with pins and needles on my head in May but stopped after that. This followed with some hard headaches over July- August. Then in September for about 4 weeks I tingling/numbness sensation on the right side of my face for about three weeks and then transformed intro tingling all around my head with pressure headaches very mild (very manageable) This went away for some time and then stopped.
One month ago I developed dysphagia, at the beginning it felt like a painful lump then just felt like nothing was happening behind my uvula and has been there constantly until now. I find my self sometimes eating a meal without worrying about it and sometimes having a need to constantly swallow to check if I can do it or not. One day I had a feeling of food stuck in my throat and didn't eat for half a day. The next day I forced my self to eat and made it through. I have never had an episode of actual choking.
In the last two weeks I started getting hot flashes on my right foot every time on a different spot but recently have settled for just appearing on my right side of the foot. One day I got a burning sensation on my left cheek which lasted for two days.
Last week I experienced pins and needles on my legs, right arm and both hands with a very sore right wrist which lasted for about three days. It was quite worrisome and painful at times and I couldn't sleep for about 4 nights but I took a sleeping pill three nights ago (just once) and have made it so far.
This week I have been feeling constant twitching on my left leg, mostly from the top of my knee down. I feel like constant pressure and twitching all over my knee and my calf. I also have a weakness sensation on my right arm and my pinky finger of the right hand although I have not found a task I could not do but I feel like I cant type as fast as I used to.
I feel sometimes when I swallow like the left side is working but the right side is not. My tongue also feels much more agile on the left side than on the right side.
For the last month I've felt like my vision has become blurred. I have glasses which I used to use just for my PC work and to play video games and when I took them off didn't feel any difference outside the screen but now I can totally tell I need the glasses 24/7.
In the past month I've been getting a lot neck pain that sometimes becomes incapacitating and sometimes it just feels like a sore neck.

I brought up my dysphagia to my GP at the time but he was thinking it was just GERD and I've been on omeprazole for about a week now. I had a blood test and thyroid ultrasound which came back normal.

Last edited:
Scratch every sentence that contains a sensation (tingling, etc.). ALS destroys the MOTOR neurons, not the sensory ones.

ALS is about failing, not feeling.

For the rest, please read the Pinned Post titled Read Before Posting.

What really got me worried is my month long Dysphagia and the constant muscle twitching on my left leg along with how this leg gets tired very quickly. As I said before, I just feel like something putting pressure over my knee and my calf.

If you're worried about swallowing, see an ENT. They can order a swallow test to figure out if you have a swallowing problem. GERD can cause swallowing issues, hoarseness, coughing and even aspiration.

Nothing in your post sounds like ALS. I'm happy for you.

Have you followed up with your GP and a ENT?

Angie

Moderators,
I am concerned that this poster is a troll. The link in the above post is to a stock photo for Almay. Thanks.

Thank you Codyclan.

I have always believed there is group who enjoys taunting the Forum.

The structure/wording of the thread is so familiar.

Thanks again.

I am sorry there is a group of people who would come here to troll and you have to be aware of this. The link I posted on my previous post was just to show what I meant with a snarl face. I am following up with my GP on Tuesday. This past week my main concerns have been my left leg, my right arm and the dysphagia. With my leg and arm like I said is a matter of them getting tired too quickly which brings my question if there is a problem in some muscles will it make it that other muscles need to do more effort to move the limb leading to my limbs getting tired easier? Regarding the dysphagia all the time I’ve felt the problem has been my right side not doing the movements it needs to do but today I woke up with a sensation like also the left side is not doing it’s job. A little bit scared my throat will stop working one day all of the sudden. As of now I still can swallow.

I see no reason you would think of ALS. Work with your general practice family medical doctor.

Followed up with Doctor. He performed a neurological bench test and found nothing so I am going to let those fears there.

I appreciate everyone of you for taking the time to answer and/or comment. May God bless you everyday!

If someone ever reads these post and has anxiety problems I will be more than happy to discuss and help you out in any way I can.

Thank you for the update. Very glad you have been cleared of ALS.

While the offer to help others with health anxiety is very kind, we heartily encourage people who have been cleared of ALS to discontinue actively participating in this forum as it can continue feeding into health fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back