Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Ny
Hi All -- I am very concerned about my mom. She is 73 y/o. She developed foot drop in January 2022. The foot drop was noticed in connection with a fall, where she experienced a traumatic brain injury (she was in the ICU for a week). It's unclear if the foot drop was the cause of the fall. While the foot drop has since improved significantly, it is not fully healed. She has lost a tremendous amount of weight (including before her fall), has a loss of appetite, has some balance issues, and has experienced foot/calf cramps in the past. She has been to a general neurologist, but I am fearful her symptoms have worsened. Any advice / thoughts on the reading of the attached EMG or otherwise welcomed. Thank you for taking the time.

-Andrew

EMG.jpg

Hi Andrew
the emg does not show ALS. The interpretation does note a pinched peroneal nerve - one of the most common causes of footdrop. Are you being told ALS in on the table? The emg does not support it.

Thanks, Nikki. Very helpful and reassuring. Very much appreciate your input. Several people have raised the concern of ALS, but none are a medical professional. Nonetheless it has raised the anxiety levels significantly. Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back