Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
Va
City
Richmond
Hey everyone,
Over the past 3-4 days I have experienced twitching that I first noticed in my right bicep to now all over in different body parts and recently have felt like cramps all over my body when I flex these muscles. I have been terrified for als. Anything will help, please.

As you know if you've read the Stickies, twitching all over means nothing. If you are worried, go to your PCP and get your baseline strength tested. Stress, sleep, diet, exercise and hydration can all play a role in twitching so they are all worth looking at.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for replying, the cramps have come on all over basically after the twitching start four days ago and seem to occur when I rightly flex the muscles. I am worried because I have never experienced anything like this before. I am a 19 year old male with no relatives having als that I can think of. I have been very stressed as just recently I tested positive for elevated anti ds dna which signals for lupus but don’t know if that correlated with this or may cause these symptoms.

This really is the wrong forum for you. This is excellent news- but it really seems that you need to address dealing with your anxiety while you are working on tracking down the reason for your symptoms if it's prompting you to post on a forum for folks with a terminal neurological disease. No more posting here please.

I wish you well on your journey and glad you don't belong here.

Thank you guys for your input and help.

If I can make a reminder to all...

The header for this page of the Forum (Thread Starter) no longer uses "Stickies".
It has been re-labeled "Important" in double bold.

Maybe new posters, unfamiliar/first time thread writers or have weak computer
skills look for "Stickies" instead of "Important" - Read Before Posting.

(Post New Thread « Click New Thread to start a discussion.) is above "Importants."

Just a suggestion. :)

Last edited:
Hello-

You were asked to check your private messages. Please look in the top right of your screen and select "Private Messages".

This thread is closed. Please do not open another. This forum is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back