Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
City
Madison
Okay so I know this is a long shot but I hope someone will answer me..
I lost my grandmother to ALS, and I’ve never worried about developing it or anything. I do have fairly bad anxiety so I’m trying to blame it on that. But for a few weeks this has been bothering me. It all starting with this hip pain and it went away and comes and goes.. but all of a sudden I got these twitches and they are mainly in soles on my feet and lower part of body like my calves , knees. But every once and a while I’ll get one in my hip or arm or face. But main lower body. I really notice them the most at rest but if I’m sitting in the car or sometimes standing I’ll notice one in my foot or knee. They haven’t gone away and it’s been an everyday thing. I’m 22 years old and a female so I keep telling myself how rare that would be and to calm down. My grandmother had als for 15 years so I grew up around her and it worries me so badly I have cried and cried. I have sharp pain in the soles of my feet along with spasms. I did have all around body pain but it seemed to subside.. my muscles really just feel sore sometimes. I started to think I was getting weak or walking weird and started to crazily obsess over the way my hands look because it has worried me so much. The spams really worry me more than anything.

I'm sorry about your grandmother, Courtney. There is nothing to worry about. Widespread twitching is not a precursor to ALS, nor are sore muscles.

Anxiety can take new forms especially in these times. It might be time to reconsider counseling or medication to help you through this particular fear.

Best,
Laurie

So even though it’s lower body and not mainly all over is that still considered widespread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back